Re: Bolger's power mitihulls

  • proaconstrictor
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 2, 2006
      Here is the little power cat St Jan:

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/01/articles/champlain/index.htm

      I'm partial to this design since I quite aside made a similar boat to
      my own design, as a prototype for a charter cat, since kids have
      enjoyed it. Bolger's was originally designed as a Yulloh testing
      platform, if I remember correctly, so the hull shape may not be ideal
      for power. Good concept though.
    • Kristine Bennett
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2006
        Yes I had seen that one but was not sure if it was
        PCB&Fs design or an idea someone had and used ideas
        of PCB. But it's along the idea I have for a powercat.

        I should send Phil a letter and see what he has to
        say.

        Blessings All Kristine

        --- proaconstrictor <proaconstrictor@...> wrote:

        > Here is the little power cat St Jan:

        http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/01/articles/champlain/index.htm

        (http://voice.yahoo.com)
      • proaconstrictor
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 2, 2006

          > Yes I had seen that one but was not sure if it was
          > PCB&Fs design or an idea someone had and used ideas
          > of PCB. But it's along the idea I have for a powercat.
          >

          > I should send Phil a letter and see what he has to
          > say.
          >
          > Blessings All Kristine

          Good idea, I recall the article in MAIB, and it was a Phil project but
          for Yulloh testing therefore displacement hull stuff. After that
          interest passed, it was used for the kind of thing in the picture, and
          then it was passed on, and then it rotted out.
        • proaconstrictor
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 6, 2006
            Kristine,

            you have probably already seen this. But it comes as close to being
            economical, fast to build, resaleable, and seriously useful as one is
            likely to find, short of a personal design. One issue that I would ask
            about first is that amas are not necesarily good models for powercat
            hulls. The deal is for a few thou you buy pre-molded epoxy
            glass "pans" that are just glued to whatever square box superstructure
            you want to use. Or build the kit, or buy the boat.

            http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?
            &units=Feet&checked_boats=1547873&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=multimari
            ne&&ywo=multimarine&