AS29 interior photos

  • James Hagan
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
      I've added some interior photos to the collection at <http://pandoradom.org/>.

      Jim Hagan
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, James Hagan <hagan@...> wrote:

        > I've added some interior photos to the collection at
        <http://pandoradom.org/>.

        > Jim Hagan

        Awesome views of Pandora's lovely box Jim! Thanks for sharing. I
        really love the looks of that table. What type of fireplace is that
        and how do you like it?

        Nels

      • James Hagan
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
          Most of the painting was done by my wife who was appalled by my ineptness at painting. The table started with matched pieces of Tuilp Paplar but I screwed up the middle section so they dont match any more.

          The heater is a Dickinson Solid Fuel. They claim you can burn anthing in it but the firebox is small and uninsulated and I can't keep the temp up enough burn anthracite. I usually burn charcoal and it does require too much tending. I installed it when my plans were to avoid all propane and to use a kerosene stove. I tired of the rigor of the kerosene stove and now use a propane camp stove.

          Jim

          >Awesome views of Pandora's lovely box Jim! Thanks for sharing. I
          >really love the looks of that table. What type of fireplace is that
          >and how do you like it?
          >
          >Nels

        • Nels
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, James Hagan <hagan@...> wrote:

            > Most of the painting was done by my wife who was appalled by my
            ineptness at painting. The table started with matched pieces of Tuilp
            Paplar but I screwed up the middle section so they dont match any more.
            **********
            Actually I really like the contrast but then I will never be an
            interior decorator, nor a painter. My compliments to your wife. Nice
            move on your part too;-)

            **********

            > The heater is a Dickinson Solid Fuel. They claim you can burn
            anthing in it but the firebox is small and uninsulated and I can't
            keep the temp up enough burn anthracite. I usually burn charcoal and
            it does require too much tending. I installed it when my plans were to
            avoid all propane and to use a kerosene stove. I tired of the rigor of
            the kerosene stove and now use a propane camp stove.
            ***********
            Sorry to hear about that. I was looking at those as well and wanting
            to avoid propane. Now it looks like the best choice and have a good
            propane detector which I did with my van conversion. I forgot to ask
            about the hard dodger as well. Is that an upgrade to the original
            plans? Looks great and I see is a walk-through with a hard closure for
            the opening!

            I also realized I could click on the "Somethin' Else" Photo and see
            some more photos of her. Now I have a bunch more questions:-) Would
            love to hear the whole story on this baby! What a great canal cruiser
            it would make!

            But not to bug you too much. What is the deal on those raised
            sections? Are they both raised in port and lowered under way, or just
            the forward one? I can see where the end panel is removable and then
            are the sides hinged? (I caught a brief look at a portion of the wheel
            foward.)

            Also am wondering about the stern drive. Is it almost in a tunnel for
            shallow water work? And what size engine is it? What is the cruising
            speed and how is the hull made?

            I can sure see her in the European canals. Would be somethin' else
            alright. Just need the curtains and a couple planters:-)

            Nels
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
              > I've added some interior photos to the collection at <http://pandoradom.org/>.
              >
              > Jim Hagan

              Thanks for those photos, I really enjoyed them.
            • James Hagan
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                >propane detector which I did with my van conversion. I forgot to ask
                >about the hard dodger as well. Is that an upgrade to the original
                >plans? Looks great and I see is a walk-through with a hard closure for
                >the opening
                Nels,
                PB&F did suggest a shelter in their upgrade but it didn't look much like mine. The port shelter does support an 80W solar panel which is one of the best additions. The boom had to be raised with jaws to clear the shelters and I added the sheet car and its track. I did add the operating ports, perhaps stupidly, to the hull, but that extra breeze is nice in Virginia.

                <http://markvdesigns.tripod.com/boatbuilding/> is Marks site. If you click on the "background" link the boat in its orginal form is seen at the bottom of the page. It's strip built and it had some brief owners after Mark. The last, before me, added the stern doghouse which permits standing room in the galley. I added the doghouse forward. The additions are ugly but they function well and make the boat more comfortable. They are fixed and I confused things by posting photos from different times.

                >Also am wondering about the stern drive. Is it almost in a tunnel for
                >shallow water work? And what size engine is it? What is the cruising
                >speed and how is the hull made
                It's driven by a 9.9 Yamaha and moves at an economical and stately 6 knots. I expect to finally remove "Somethin' Else" this month while making other repairs and return her to "Heart of Gold"

                Jim
              • saillips
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                  Hi James,
                  When I click on the link you posted, it only brings up the exterior
                  shots of the AS29, the launch, and the kayaks. No other links/tool
                  bars/ navigation tools are visible. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
                  Thanks,
                  David
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                  • Chris Curtis
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                      Hello David. This caught me also. Just click on the top picture to
                      see the most excellent interior views.

                      Chris Curtis

                      On Nov 2, 2006, at 11:12 AM, saillips wrote:

                      > Hi James,
                      > When I click on the link you posted, it only brings up the exterior
                      > shots of the AS29, the launch, and the kayaks. No other links/tool
                      > bars/ navigation tools are visible. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
                      > Thanks,
                      > David

                      Chris Curtis
                      Sandpoint Computers