Tour of Windermere PCB and friends

  • Paul McLellan
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2006
      '''''Peter Lenihan, recovering nicely after three blessed days enjoying
      the company of PCB&F's which included a delicious supper on board the AS-
      39-Anemone(ex Le Cabotin),the following day spent sailing her with
      the master on board, another long,well watered and fed evening at a
      friends home with our Hero(God) sitting right at the head of the
      table and Susanne(The Prophet) at his side and culminating the next day
      with a wonderfully enlightening afternoon visit to my humble boat shop
      for a full-no-holds-barred tour of Windermere""

      Nice to see you back here Peter. Please do tell us every detail of HIS
      visit and and also an account of the Anemone sail. Maybe our master could
      install a water to wine machine. I could have come down and cast palm
      leaves on the gangplank as they entered your yacht. I would like to visit
      after the 15th of Nov and am putting the raisins and turnip peels in the
      next batch of plonk now.

      Paul---Almost ready to bolt the two stern sponsons on the Houseboat #481,
      but should have an icebreaker bow addition.
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 4, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul McLellan" <paulmclellan@...>
        wrote:
        > Nice to see you back here Peter. Please do tell us every detail
        of HIS
        > visit and and also an account of the Anemone sail. Maybe our
        master could
        > install a water to wine machine. I could have come down and cast
        palm
        > leaves on the gangplank as they entered your yacht. I would like
        to visit
        > after the 15th of Nov and am putting the raisins and turnip peels
        in the
        > next batch of plonk now.
        >
        > Paul---Almost ready to bolt the two stern sponsons on the
        Houseboat #481,
        > but should have an icebreaker bow addition.

        Hi Paul(and Garth,and David),

        I will be picking up my pictures tomorrow and should have them
        scanned and posted really soon....like within a day!

        It would,I suppose,be a real treat to relate every single
        utterance from our Hero but so much of it would sound strange as the
        context would be lost.Believe me when I say this, for it should be
        understood too that there were two designers present;Phil and
        Susanne."Boat talk" was virtually non-stop and rapid-fire, ranging
        from present concerns about the inshore/offshore fishing boats,
        insightful comments on a whole slew of His published designs,
        reflections on historical sailing ships with thoughts on"improving"
        some of them, off and on briefs on military history,particularly
        battles,choice bits of prefered reading materials,the best deals on
        tabacco and on,and,on and on.......!
        Perhaps not the "end of the world" but add to this deluge a
        river of wines and ports sprinkled generously with two
        languages/conversations carrying on simultaneously and PRESTO! the
        perfect recipe to think you will not forget a thing only to discover
        it has all sunk into ones subconcious, like some water-logged
        tree,apparently lost for good.However,as has been my experience in
        these sorts of situations,we do indeed recall every word.....but
        just lack the finesse to drag the right ones back up to the sufface
        when most needed :-D

        I will say that none of his pronouncements were of earth
        shattering importance per say as he is remarkably low-profile and
        somewhat reserved.Two general comments that come readily to mind
        are: PCB&Fs sincere apologees to their many clients who have been
        ever so patient waiting for their own design briefs to be
        completed.A considerable and VERY VERY VERY BIG client has kept them
        highly engaged. Happily this is about to end and "normal" work shall
        return again!.Oh,and did I mention it was a VERY VERY VERY BIG
        client? Trust me,it is impossible to find one bigger. It totally
        surprised me and reminded me once again how important/valued his
        genius is!
        The next comment also surprised me,just for its frankness, our Hero
        figures he has exhausted his small boat designs after exploring
        every angle.Who woulda thought?!

        At anyrate, they both are now passionately into bigger designs
        with only occassional trips back into their archives for"up-grades"
        to particular designs given enough $$$$ to make the trip
        worthwhile,as these trips take time away for fresh ideas.

        Jean and Gaby,of AS-39 ANEMONE ex Le Cabotin fame are the ones
        who really should have kept a tape recorder going as PCB&Fs were
        their guest while living aboard ANEMONE for three days! Apparently
        this was the first time in over 6 years that our Hero has slept
        aboard since moving out of his own RESOLUTION and the first time in
        30 years that he has been to Canada!

        (gotta git back ta work right now but will post again regarding
        the sailing of ANEMEONE and our HERO stay tuned :-).........:-)

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan, who would like to suggest to Paul that he bring down
        2 bottles of plonk as I fear all the talking will dry me wee throat
        like a desert, from along the coolish shores of the St.lawrence
      • John Bell (smallboatdesigner)
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 4, 2006
          Peter Lenihan wrote:
          > A considerable and VERY VERY VERY BIG client has kept them
          > highly engaged. Happily this is about to end and "normal" work shall
          > return again!.Oh,and did I mention it was a VERY VERY VERY BIG
          > client? Trust me,it is impossible to find one bigger. It totally
          > surprised me and reminded me once again how important/valued his
          > genius is!

          Rumor has it he's been working on something for the US Navy. I suppose
          this is confirmation, then?
        • Peter Lenihan
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 4, 2006
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bell (smallboatdesigner)"
            <smallboatdesigner@...> wrote:
            > Rumor has it he's been working on something for the US Navy. I
            suppose
            > this is confirmation, then?

            O Mister Moon! The stories I could tell!
            But seriously John, rumours can be such wicked things to propagate and
            often to no good effect.Evil wicked things they are,those nasty things
            called rumours.Gentlemen never descend to such dark depths! So I ain't
            tellin',no sirree,not I ,not moi,no,nay,never, no matter how juicy the
            morsel may appear! ;-)

            Sincerely,

            Peter,sealed-lips,Lenihan.............
          • ira einsteen
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
              Enough with the Bolger as God talk. He's a boat designer. Amongst the best and most innovative, for sure, but he's a boat designer! I don't know him, but from what I can glean from his writings he's a thoughtful, decent, intelligent person that must view the tenor of some of these posts as sickening. Please everyone; we all love his designs, but calm down!

            • Nels
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, ira einsteen <einsteen@...> wrote:

                > Enough with the Bolger as God talk.

                Perhaps a word of explanation will help.

                Peter purports to work in an insane asylum but actually he just gets
                out occasionally on day passes. So we try to humour him and go along
                with his level of "sanity".

                (He is totally harmless - so long as he doesn't miss his meds.)

                Nels:-)
              • dnjost
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
                  Could this be the instant aircraft carrier, or perhaps a Birdwatcher
                  that is all Lexan 1" thick!!! We could dub this the Stealth Assault
                  Craft (SAC for short). Heck, you could even rig one for sail and use
                  servos to control the rudder and sails for a completely crewless
                  surveilance craft.

                  Imagine the possibilities of being able to sneak up the shallows in an
                  almost bullet proof, ultra shallow draft sharpie. UNDER OARS!

                  Shades of Washington crossing the Delaware, I can almost see George W.
                  standing up in the middle grasping an American flag as his troops are
                  hunkered down below waiting to surprise the enemy with an amphibious
                  assault.

                  David Jost
                • Kristine Bennett
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
                    Ira seeing how I'm pagan, I take some of the things
                    said with a grain of salt. As for Phil Bolger being a
                    god, no I don't think so, BUT he is a Sage! He is
                    insightful and well learned and not from the testbook!
                    But he does have that too.

                    Like I have said before, it would be an enjoyable
                    evening to set and talk with him about most anything.

                    One should not take things said to heart to much.

                    Blessings All
                    Krissie

                    (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
                      On 11/5/06, ira einsteen <einsteen@...> wrote:

                      > Enough with the Bolger as God talk. He's a boat designer.

                      ...with more than his share of genius!
                    • Peter Lenihan
                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Nels" <arvent@...> wrote:
                        >> Peter purports to work in an insane asylum but actually he just gets
                        > out occasionally on day passes. So we try to humour him and go along
                        > with his level of "sanity".
                        >
                        > (He is totally harmless - so long as he doesn't miss his meds.)

                        Whaddya mean "day passes"?! They even let me have the key too!! :-D
                        Oh,and the only medication I'm on,which I NEVER miss, comes in
                        glorious sensuous dark bottles with natural corks......yumyum!

                        Sincerely,
                        Peter,the human pickle, Lenihan..........
                      • Peter Lenihan
                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 5, 2006
                          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dnjost" <davidjost@...> wrote:

                          > Could this be the instant aircraft carrier, or perhaps a Birdwatcher
                          > that is all Lexan 1" thick!!! We could dub this the Stealth Assault
                          > Craft (SAC for short). Heck, you could even rig one for sail and use
                          > servos to control the rudder and sails for a completely crewless
                          > surveilance craft.

                          You're gettin' warm Sir David,very warm :-)
                          No cut it out before speculation runs rampant!

                          Sincerely,

                          Peter Lenihan,blissfully concious despite rumours to the
                          contrary........
                        • Nels
                          Message 12 of 20 , Nov 9, 2006
                            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@...> wrote:

                            > I will say that none of his pronouncements were of earth
                            > shattering importance per say as he is remarkably low-profile and
                            > somewhat reserved.Two general comments that come readily to mind
                            > are: PCB&Fs sincere apologees to their many clients who have been
                            > ever so patient waiting for their own design briefs to be
                            > completed.

                            > The next comment also surprised me,just for its frankness, our Hero
                            > figures he has exhausted his small boat designs after exploring
                            > every angle.Who woulda thought?!

                            Hi Peter,

                            Just wondering if - after having some time to reflect and perhaps
                            recall some of the details - you might be able to supply us with a few
                            more tidbits of what we might look forward to in the not too distant
                            future from our two heroes?

                            Particularly these items:

                            The current status of the I60?

                            Is there the possiblity of any more writings being made available to
                            the general public boat nut? I heard at one point a lot may be on
                            archive to be published later on. I am wondering if I will still be
                            alive to savour it? Or do we have to continue to scratch and dig and
                            speculate on how we can gain access to his historic fund of information?

                            I notice a whole new generation of folks are interested in learning
                            more about his designs and phil-losophy but don't know where to find
                            out a whole lot. Just clues here and there and scattered all over the
                            place. Frustrating really in my opinion.

                            Did he comment at all regarding his band of Bolgeristas at this
                            location or does he just mainly ignore our situation?

                            Are they at some point considering making their information any more
                            accessible or is the fax machine the only form of contacting them for
                            the foreseeable future? That that works best for them in their
                            opinion? No catalogue of designs or website in the offing?

                            Did they mention Jim Michalak at all and consider his efforts to keep
                            small simple designs available as filling the gap they have more or
                            less abandoned?

                            Personally I feel they have been distanting themselves from folks who
                            believe small and simple is a most viable way for a lot of us to think
                            and build.

                            Nels
                          • Kristine Bennett
                            Message 13 of 20 , Nov 9, 2006
                              Nels does bring up a good point PCB&Fs have some great
                              stuff out there but it's hard to find it! We all know
                              PCB is getting up in the years and someday will not be
                              with us any longer. If it was not for Boats with a
                              Open Mind I would be clueless as to who he is! Or the
                              boats he has designed!

                              Yes he does do short blurps here and there. But how
                              does one find all the little tid bits that he has come
                              up with over the many long years?

                              My sweetie and I looked at the InletRunner and both
                              like the hull shape and would think about building a
                              boat based on that hull in about 18 feet. But how does
                              one get the panal layout for the hull? Where do you
                              find the hull offsets?

                              The bow of the IR looks to me to be a good bow for a
                              simple powercat. Yes the deadrise is going to make a
                              bit of wake but it looks to be a simple hullshape to
                              make. I showed it to a friend and he's thinking of
                              trying it for some aircraft flotes! But how do you get
                              at the info needed other the snalemail or Fax? Seeing
                              how I don't have a fax I'm left with snalemail.

                              There is so much Bolger info but how does one get
                              access to it in a simple and timely manor?

                              Blessings all
                              Kristine

                              > Hi Peter,
                              >
                              > Just wondering if - after having some time to
                              > reflect and perhaps
                              > recall some of the details - you might be able to
                              > supply us with a few
                              > more tidbits of what we might look forward to in the
                              > not too distant
                              > future from our two heroes?
                              >
                              > Particularly these items:
                              >
                              > The current status of the I60?
                              >
                              > Is there the possiblity of any more writings being
                              > made available to
                              > the general public boat nut? I heard at one point a
                              > lot may be on
                              > archive to be published later on. I am wondering if
                              > I will still be
                              > alive to savour it? Or do we have to continue to
                              > scratch and dig and
                              > speculate on how we can gain access to his historic
                              > fund of information?
                              >
                              > I notice a whole new generation of folks are
                              > interested in learning
                              > more about his designs and phil-losophy but don't
                              > know where to find
                              > out a whole lot. Just clues here and there and
                              > scattered all over the
                              > place. Frustrating really in my opinion.
                              >
                              > Did he comment at all regarding his band of
                              > Bolgeristas at this
                              > location or does he just mainly ignore our
                              > situation?
                              >
                              > Are they at some point considering making their
                              > information any more
                              > accessible or is the fax machine the only form of
                              > contacting them for
                              > the foreseeable future? That that works best for
                              > them in their
                              > opinion? No catalogue of designs or website in the
                              > offing?
                              >
                              > Did they mention Jim Michalak at all and consider
                              > his efforts to keep
                              > small simple designs available as filling the gap
                              > they have more or
                              > less abandoned?
                              >
                              > Personally I feel they have been distanting
                              > themselves from folks who
                              > believe small and simple is a most viable way for a
                              > lot of us to think
                              > and build.
                              >
                              > Nels

                              Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                              Access over 1 million songs.
                              http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
                            • graeme19121984
                              Message 14 of 20 , Nov 11, 2006
                                "...Jeez, they are really out there!! One of these days we'll have
                                it all together and will offer the chronological order of the work
                                and its details.

                                No, it's unlikely that Mr. Tanton's brokerage will get a
                                freeby catalogue. On the other hand, one could really get to work
                                with all sorts of improvements...

                                Incidentally, only about half of our work has ever been published.

                                There will be much time lost missing appointments with boat-buyers
                                perusing Bolger's stuff....." PCB (SA more like) message #1627,
                                January 12, 2000

                                Indicative. Soon the blow-ups, then the silences.

                                Graeme

                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 11, 2006
                                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Nels" <arvent@...> wrote:

                                  >..Is there the possiblity of any more writings being made available
                                  >to the general public boat nut? Did he comment at all regarding his
                                  >band of Bolgeristas at this location or does he just mainly ignore
                                  >our situation?..
                                  >
                                  >..Are they at some point considering making their information any
                                  >more accessible or is the fax machine the only form of contacting
                                  >them for the foreseeable future? That that works best for them in
                                  >their opinion? No catalogue of designs or website in the offing?..

                                  Another message worth noting with a transcribed PCB letter that is
                                  in accord with a PCB letter to the editor published in AABB #38 in
                                  part:

                                  "We have a complete and fairly orderly archive of five
                                  hundred plus designs in chronology and detail (many of the 1950's
                                  designs are lost). The archive is not useful to anyone but us until
                                  we finish preparing it with comments and study plans, which we are
                                  doing as fast as we can, which is not very fast on account of
                                  interesting new designs and money to be made and the maddening
                                  distractions like the SNAME licenseing plot." Message #17458

                                  Read the whole thread, and enjoy some great writing. (Onya Porky.)

                                  Graeme
                                • proaconstrictor
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 11, 2006

                                    > There is so much Bolger info but how does one get
                                    > access to it in a simple and timely manor?
                                    >
                                    > Blessings all
                                    > Kristine

                                    One doesn't. He has 7 books out (not sure the novel counts for out
                                    purposes) and long associations with at least 3 magazines, as you
                                    know. It takes some doing to scour the whole field. A lot of people
                                    have taken to designing their own stuff since it is just about as
                                    likely to work, and can be tailored to specific needs. The thing about
                                    boats is that they really aren't timely. They take quite a bit of time
                                    to build and maintain, not very virtual at all.
                                  • Peter Lenihan
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 14, 2006
                                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Nels" <arvent@...> wrote:
                                      you might be able to supply us with a few
                                      > more tidbits of what we might look forward to in the not too
                                      distant
                                      > future from our two heroes?
                                      >
                                      > Particularly these items:
                                      >
                                      > The current status of the I60?

                                      Hi Nels,

                                      There was no talk,at least while I was there,about specific
                                      designs and their status.However, I did get the distinct impression
                                      that their "big customer" certainly chewed up alot of their time and
                                      that they were very eager to get crackin' on a considerable back-log
                                      of commissions. Running side by side with this,they appeared rather
                                      obsessed with attempts at offering cost effective fishing boats to
                                      the commercial fishing fleet.Apparently, the commercial fisherman is
                                      up against a rock and a hard place in having to deal with all sorts
                                      of regulations(relative to boat size),ever increasing costs in
                                      fuel,skyrocketing prices in replacement vessels,dwindling fish
                                      stocks and the need to make a living. They have good(better),sound
                                      and affordable designs to offer the industry and have been
                                      attempting,through conferences etc.,to perhaps changes some of the
                                      government regulations and industry dogma. In fact,later this month
                                      Susanne is going out to the West coast for one of these sessions.

                                      > Is there the possiblity of any more writings being made available
                                      > the general public boat nut? I heard at one point a lot may be on
                                      > archive to be published later on. I am wondering if I will still be
                                      > alive to savour it? Or do we have to continue to scratch and dig
                                      and
                                      > speculate on how we can gain access to his historic fund of
                                      information?

                                      Keep your pick-axe and shovel handy.....just the volume of back-
                                      logged commissions alone,not to mention constant "new" queries
                                      pretty much prevents any serious work in the direction you suggest
                                      above.Afterall,design work keeps food on the table while the not
                                      inconsiderable task of gathering up reams of archived material and
                                      making it presentable to the "general public boating nut" does not.
                                      This is not to say it will never be done.They may suddenly decide to
                                      do just that and surprise us all but that is not the impression I
                                      recieved.

                                      > I notice a whole new generation of folks are interested in learning
                                      > more about his designs and phil-losophy but don't know where to
                                      find
                                      > out a whole lot. Just clues here and there and scattered all over
                                      the
                                      > place. Frustrating really in my opinion.

                                      I may be wrong here Nels, but I suspect the "frustration" you sense
                                      and I share too, is perhaps felt more by members of the congregation
                                      then any neophyte exploring the mad,mad world of amateur buildable
                                      boats. I say this in reflection of my own innocent beginings(baby-
                                      steps). Happily I stumbled along in the pre-internet world just glad
                                      to come across anything that was pointy in the front and square in
                                      the back. The classified sections of boating magazines offered some
                                      solace and a hint as to what may be out there. However, things took
                                      a really evil turn very shortly after buying SMALL BOATS in the
                                      early '70s. I did not fully appreciate at that time how very close I
                                      was to the precipice.Only after buying DIFFERENT BOATS was I to
                                      discover,too late, the gravity of it all. I was now a Bolger junky!
                                      At first it was only friends and school mates that began to be
                                      ignored but in amazingly short order, siblings,relatives....my
                                      entire family!....all played second fiddle to Bolger! I soon found
                                      myself seeking others like myself. Looking desperately into their
                                      eyes I would gasp" Do you like small wooden boats?" or worse yet,"Do
                                      you know designs by Bolger?" Most would hastily turn away, some
                                      would scream and run.

                                      It was a lonely existance.........and I was like a heroin freak with
                                      Bolger my heroin and Payson my methadone.Fortunately other books
                                      from Bolger came down the pipe to ease the pain that knows no name.

                                      After years worth of vain attempts at pickling my own brain, I can
                                      now safely say that I'm over it. But God knows it wouldn't take much
                                      to send me spiraling out of control again :-)

                                      Now tell me, is this the sort of life you would wish to compel
                                      others to enjoin? Would you want to carry this heavy burden to the
                                      grave? Far better to let them explore and discover the wonders out
                                      there of their own free will,says I, and should they ever become
                                      hooked on Bolger......well......God bless their youthful hearts :-D

                                      > Did he comment at all regarding his band of Bolgeristas at this
                                      > location or does he just mainly ignore our situation?

                                      Nope.Not to my knowledge.They are rather busy,afterall :-)

                                      > Are they at some point considering making their information any
                                      more
                                      > accessible or is the fax machine the only form of contacting them
                                      for
                                      > the foreseeable future?

                                      I believe the fax stays.

                                      No catalogue of designs or website in the offing?

                                      Don't know.

                                      > Did they mention Jim Michalak at all and consider his efforts to
                                      keep
                                      > small simple designs available as filling the gap they have more or
                                      > less abandoned?

                                      Nope.

                                      > Personally I feel they have been distanting themselves from folks
                                      who
                                      > believe small and simple is a most viable way for a lot of us to
                                      think
                                      > and build.

                                      It is not so much a distancing but more simply depletion. As I
                                      mentioned in a previous posting, He believes he has no more small
                                      boats in Him.

                                      Sincerely,

                                      Peter Lenihan
                                    • Peter Lenihan
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Nov 14, 2006
                                        > My sweetie and I looked at the InletRunner and both
                                        > like the hull shape and would think about building a
                                        > boat based on that hull in about 18 feet. But how does
                                        > one get the panal layout for the hull? Where do you
                                        > find the hull offsets?

                                        Hi Kristine,

                                        The hull off-sets are found on the plans.Panel expansions(layout)
                                        are also found on the plans. Want the same boat but smaller? Play
                                        designer and reduce accordingly. Just don't blame Bolger if it don't
                                        work as expected :-)

                                        But how do you get
                                        > at the info needed other the snalemail or Fax? Seeing
                                        > how I don't have a fax I'm left with snalemail.
                                        >
                                        > There is so much Bolger info but how does one get
                                        > access to it in a simple and timely manor?

                                        Something to consider Kristine;

                                        a) it doesn't get any "simpler" then the postal system(snailmail)

                                        b)when you purchase plans,they ALWAYS come by mail

                                        c) unless you have a signed contract to build this boat for a
                                        particular customer by a very soon deadline or else,then several
                                        days worth of waiting for your mailbox to be stuffed with a blue
                                        tube,is,to be frank,timely.

                                        Just think how many months(years) you will spend building it,if you
                                        do buy the plans :-)

                                        Happy Dreams!

                                        Sincerely,

                                        Peter Lenihan
                                      • Peter Lenihan
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Nov 14, 2006
                                          > "...Jeez, they are really out there!! One of these days we'll have
                                          > it all together and will offer the chronological order of the work
                                          > and its details.
                                          >
                                          > No, it's unlikely that Mr. Tanton's brokerage will get a
                                          > freeby catalogue. On the other hand, one could really get to work
                                          > with all sorts of improvements...
                                          >
                                          > Incidentally, only about half of our work has ever been published.
                                          >
                                          > There will be much time lost missing appointments with boat-buyers
                                          > perusing Bolger's stuff....." PCB (SA more like) message #1627,
                                          > January 12, 2000

                                          > Indicative. Soon the blow-ups, then the silences.

                                          Hi Graeme,

                                          Illuminating more likely as it shed some light on the nastier side
                                          of the "design business" which,at that time,showed a designer of
                                          repute literally peddling a Bolger design under another name.
                                          Six years later, and they talked precisely about this case during
                                          supper aboard the AS-39 ANEMONE. To say it pissed them off would be
                                          one big understatment by me! :-)
                                          This is/was but the tip of the iceberg in their discovering the
                                          breadth of the problem/difficulties in protecting ones
                                          property,intellectual or otherwise,from bold thieves. There was even
                                          a guy up here,near Montreal, that was building Bolger CARTOPPERs,
                                          calling them his own design and selling them at boat-shows and
                                          his "boat-shop". At one time he even tried to sell the plans but the
                                          obvious liquid-paper white outs visible on the photo-copies along
                                          with the "english" script on the plans sorta gave him away(he is
                                          French,as were his customers,no one could explain why some things
                                          were in English!)

                                          At any rate, I do not envy their difficulties in this area.

                                          Sincerely,

                                          Peter Lenihan
                                        • dnjost
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Nov 15, 2006
                                            The more I read of this posting, I have become convinced that Sir Peter
                                            is actually a reincarnation of Joseph Conrad and is preceding with
                                            Marlow's tale of his visit with the mysterious Mr. Kurtz, only with a
                                            much different outcome.

                                            Peter - I hope you take the time to write a short novella about Messing
                                            About in Boats, it would be a pleasure to read more of your prose
                                            addressed to this group of Bolger nuts.

                                            David Jost...
                                            who was wishing his Birdwatcher II would start to take shape, only time
                                            needed now.