RE: [bolger] Re: High mileage all weather commuter?

  • Randy Hough
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 31, 2006
      Thank you!

      That is almost exactly what I had in my mind's eye.

      I like the look almost as much as the Sneakeasy and there is no doubt which
      boat would be a better choice for semi-open water.

      Thanks again ... off do some searching!

      Randy
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 5, 2006
        --- Randy Hough <randy.hough@...> wrote:

        > The difference is that the library purchased the book.
        > The publisher and author were paid.

        Well, the one who scans his books/magazines paid for his copy, too.

        BTW, I was - as a starting point - talking about books that are not on
        sale anymore, and where they have no intention to print them again.

        If I take a book from a library, scan it for my friend who can't come
        to the library, and send the scan to him?

        > I would be more than happy to pay the non-production cost
        > of a book to be able to download it on-line.
        > Production costs being printing, binding, warehousing, and shipping.

        Agreed.

        > Scanning and posting printed work on the net is the same
        > as sharing music or video files. Think Napster.

        Only, if
        a) the printed work is still on sale
        b) the music is not available in libraries

        Books and articles in old magazines are different.

        Stefan