Re: [bolger] Re: where's Peter/cheep and fast

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
      I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
      leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
      live.

      I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
      have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
      first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
      inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
      it back to my Dad as a gift.

      I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
      here in the northwest?

      Blessings Krissie

      --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:

      > Hi Kristine,
      >
      > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
      > I'm about six
      > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
      > Chebacco -- we
      > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
      > Whereabouts in
      > the islands are you?
      >
      > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
      > but that
      > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
      > interested in.
      > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
      > and see both
      > rendezvous.
      >
      > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
      > of Small Craft
      > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
      > subscribe, you
      > should try it, and not just for the article
      > mentioned.)
      >
      > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Jamie Orr

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kristine Bennett
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
        I would like to say I'm sorry for the last few posts
        that I thought I had sent to the sender not to the
        list!

        I'm sorry about that!

        Kristine

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
          Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you to
          answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
          people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
          filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be nice
          if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon pic.

          Jon

          > For myself I like to know where people are from. And
          > to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
          > there.
          >
          > A lot of time where you live will help define what
          > kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
          > the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
          > coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
          > find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.
          >
          > Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
          > be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
          > see if it can run the inside passage.
          >
          > Blessings all
          > Krissie
          >

          > --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:
          >
          > > K,
          > >
          > > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
          > > Western Oregon
          > > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > David Graybeal
          > > Portland, OR
          > >
          > > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • David
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
            Jon,

            Don't give me that! I know for certain that I answered an email.
            Early 2005, I think it was <G> Seriously, if I've been slow to
            respond, I apologize. Life is hectic these days. We're still inching
            forward with the sailing rig for our Goat Island Skiff. I completed
            the tiller & stock this week (except for paint/varnish). We have all
            3 spars tapered, and started turning them into 8-sided Wed. nite.
            See you soon.

            Cheers,
            David Graybeal
            Portland, OR

            "We do not change as we grow older; we just become more clearly
            ourselves" -- Lynn Hall

            ******************

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
            wrote:

            > Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you
            > answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
            > people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
            > filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be
            nice
            > if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon
            pic.

            > Jon
          • Jamie Orr
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
              Hi

              Go to http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/ and look around. You can
              subscribe on-line if you decide you want it. I saw it first at the
              2004 Port Townsend show and thought it looked good -- right kind of
              boats and a local mag.

              We'll be clearing customs next July 13 (Friday the 13th!) at Roche
              on our way to Sucia -- join us then?

              Cheers,

              Jamie

              > I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
              > leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
              > live.
              >
              > I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
              > have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
              > first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
              > inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
              > it back to my Dad as a gift.
              >
              > I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
              > here in the northwest?
              >

              > Blessings Krissie
              >
              > --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Kristine,
              > >
              > > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
              > > I'm about six
              > > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
              > > Chebacco -- we
              > > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
              > > Whereabouts in
              > > the islands are you?
              > >
              > > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
              > > but that
              > > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
              > > interested in.
              > > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
              > > and see both
              > > rendezvous.
              > >
              > > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
              > > of Small Craft
              > > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
              > > subscribe, you
              > > should try it, and not just for the article
              > > mentioned.)
              > >
              > > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > Jamie Orr

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Kristine Bennett
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                I would love to but no boat at this time that has a
                running OB. But let me know when you are going to be
                at Roche and I'll enjoy meeting you after you clear
                customs.

                Just look for a tall woman walking a malamute. After
                you clear.

                or call me on my cel phone when you are at roche.

                Blessings Krissie

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Peter Lenihan
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 31, 2006
                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "macinkos" <smacinko@...> wrote:

                  > Windemere update requested.....

                  Hi Seth et al.,

                  I'm right here ! Sorry about a long absence,but there
                  were "computer issues" at my place of work where I have internet
                  access.Something of a meltdown between management and moi regarding
                  my "none work related use of company equipement".Well,as you can now
                  see,I convinced them :-)
                  Work on Windermere continues right along despite something of a
                  set back when my crew took ill.Very ill, in fact, thus I had to play
                  more important role as chief cook and bottle washer along with a
                  supporting role as pot-licker.Things have improved greatly on the
                  home
                  front and life is returning to normal.
                  A major distraction this past summer was the presence of Jean
                  and
                  Gaby with their fantastic AS-39 Anemone.Spent perhaps too much time
                  goofing off with them while the weather was all hot and sunny and
                  the
                  beer flowed like...well.... the St.Lawrence! :-)
                  I thought I would have been much much further along with
                  Windermere but,as usual,my optimism got the better of me again and I
                  under-estimated the real amount of work needed to finish up the
                  stern
                  section(lazerette,outboard motor mount,auxiliary motor mount,stern
                  platform,access doors to motors,frame supports for folding aft deck
                  etc...)
                  Nevertheless,we charge on ever forward into the shortening days
                  while discretely dumping the ice from the cooler and stocking up on
                  Port for the coming arctic chill :-D. As my late grandmother would
                  often say,"with the help of God and 14 policemen" I should be
                  launched
                  by early summer 2007.

                  I've spent the first part of the night just trying to catch up
                  with all the posts and got a kick out of the MICRO string.Sorta like
                  deja vue all over again, to use a famous quote :-)

                  Happy building and sailing to all!

                  Sincerely,

                  Peter Lenihan,re-learning how to type using the hunt-n-peck method I
                  mastered after 6 years of hard practice........