Re: [bolger] Re: where's Peter/cheep and fast

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
      For myself I like to know where people are from. And
      to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
      there.

      A lot of time where you live will help define what
      kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
      the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
      coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
      find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.

      Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
      be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
      see if it can run the inside passage.

      Blessings all
      Krissie

      --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:

      > K,
      >
      > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
      > Western Oregon
      > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > David Graybeal
      > Portland, OR
      >
      > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kristine Bennett
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
        I'm on San Juan and when I was living on the south end
        of the island I could see the lights of Port Angeles.

        Blessings Krissie

        --- Gary Lepak <gnjlepak@...> wrote:

        > Kristine,
        >
        > I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port
        > Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
        > my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years,
        > '80-'82. What Island are
        > you on?
        >
        > Gary

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Kristine Bennett
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
          I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
          leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
          live.

          I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
          have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
          first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
          inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
          it back to my Dad as a gift.

          I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
          here in the northwest?

          Blessings Krissie

          --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kristine,
          >
          > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
          > I'm about six
          > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
          > Chebacco -- we
          > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
          > Whereabouts in
          > the islands are you?
          >
          > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
          > but that
          > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
          > interested in.
          > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
          > and see both
          > rendezvous.
          >
          > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
          > of Small Craft
          > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
          > subscribe, you
          > should try it, and not just for the article
          > mentioned.)
          >
          > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Jamie Orr

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kristine Bennett
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
            I would like to say I'm sorry for the last few posts
            that I thought I had sent to the sender not to the
            list!

            I'm sorry about that!

            Kristine

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
              Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you to
              answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
              people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
              filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be nice
              if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon pic.

              Jon

              > For myself I like to know where people are from. And
              > to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
              > there.
              >
              > A lot of time where you live will help define what
              > kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
              > the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
              > coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
              > find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.
              >
              > Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
              > be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
              > see if it can run the inside passage.
              >
              > Blessings all
              > Krissie
              >

              > --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:
              >
              > > K,
              > >
              > > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
              > > Western Oregon
              > > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > David Graybeal
              > > Portland, OR
              > >
              > > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • David
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                Jon,

                Don't give me that! I know for certain that I answered an email.
                Early 2005, I think it was <G> Seriously, if I've been slow to
                respond, I apologize. Life is hectic these days. We're still inching
                forward with the sailing rig for our Goat Island Skiff. I completed
                the tiller & stock this week (except for paint/varnish). We have all
                3 spars tapered, and started turning them into 8-sided Wed. nite.
                See you soon.

                Cheers,
                David Graybeal
                Portland, OR

                "We do not change as we grow older; we just become more clearly
                ourselves" -- Lynn Hall

                ******************

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
                wrote:

                > Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you
                > answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                > people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                > filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be
                nice
                > if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon
                pic.

                > Jon
              • Jamie Orr
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                  Hi

                  Go to http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/ and look around. You can
                  subscribe on-line if you decide you want it. I saw it first at the
                  2004 Port Townsend show and thought it looked good -- right kind of
                  boats and a local mag.

                  We'll be clearing customs next July 13 (Friday the 13th!) at Roche
                  on our way to Sucia -- join us then?

                  Cheers,

                  Jamie

                  > I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                  > leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                  > live.
                  >
                  > I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                  > have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                  > first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                  > inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                  > it back to my Dad as a gift.
                  >
                  > I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                  > here in the northwest?
                  >

                  > Blessings Krissie
                  >
                  > --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi Kristine,
                  > >
                  > > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                  > > I'm about six
                  > > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                  > > Chebacco -- we
                  > > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                  > > Whereabouts in
                  > > the islands are you?
                  > >
                  > > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                  > > but that
                  > > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                  > > interested in.
                  > > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                  > > and see both
                  > > rendezvous.
                  > >
                  > > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                  > > of Small Craft
                  > > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                  > > subscribe, you
                  > > should try it, and not just for the article
                  > > mentioned.)
                  > >
                  > > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                  > >
                  > > Cheers,
                  > >
                  > > Jamie Orr

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Kristine Bennett
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                    I would love to but no boat at this time that has a
                    running OB. But let me know when you are going to be
                    at Roche and I'll enjoy meeting you after you clear
                    customs.

                    Just look for a tall woman walking a malamute. After
                    you clear.

                    or call me on my cel phone when you are at roche.

                    Blessings Krissie

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Peter Lenihan
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 31, 2006
                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "macinkos" <smacinko@...> wrote:

                      > Windemere update requested.....

                      Hi Seth et al.,

                      I'm right here ! Sorry about a long absence,but there
                      were "computer issues" at my place of work where I have internet
                      access.Something of a meltdown between management and moi regarding
                      my "none work related use of company equipement".Well,as you can now
                      see,I convinced them :-)
                      Work on Windermere continues right along despite something of a
                      set back when my crew took ill.Very ill, in fact, thus I had to play
                      more important role as chief cook and bottle washer along with a
                      supporting role as pot-licker.Things have improved greatly on the
                      home
                      front and life is returning to normal.
                      A major distraction this past summer was the presence of Jean
                      and
                      Gaby with their fantastic AS-39 Anemone.Spent perhaps too much time
                      goofing off with them while the weather was all hot and sunny and
                      the
                      beer flowed like...well.... the St.Lawrence! :-)
                      I thought I would have been much much further along with
                      Windermere but,as usual,my optimism got the better of me again and I
                      under-estimated the real amount of work needed to finish up the
                      stern
                      section(lazerette,outboard motor mount,auxiliary motor mount,stern
                      platform,access doors to motors,frame supports for folding aft deck
                      etc...)
                      Nevertheless,we charge on ever forward into the shortening days
                      while discretely dumping the ice from the cooler and stocking up on
                      Port for the coming arctic chill :-D. As my late grandmother would
                      often say,"with the help of God and 14 policemen" I should be
                      launched
                      by early summer 2007.

                      I've spent the first part of the night just trying to catch up
                      with all the posts and got a kick out of the MICRO string.Sorta like
                      deja vue all over again, to use a famous quote :-)

                      Happy building and sailing to all!

                      Sincerely,

                      Peter Lenihan,re-learning how to type using the hunt-n-peck method I
                      mastered after 6 years of hard practice........