Re: where's Peter/cheep and fast

  • David
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
      K,

      I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the Western Oregon
      Messabout Society). Why do you ask?

      Cheers,
      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR

      "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

      *************

      > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
      > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
      > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
      >
      > Blessings Krissie
      >
      > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
      >

      > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
      > > ways better then
      > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
      > > contractors into MDO
      > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
      > > togather and
      > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
      > > to back fence
      > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
      > > bair and still
      > > solid.
      > >
      > > Jon

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Gary Lepak
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
        Kristine,

        I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
        my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years, '80-'82. What Island are
        you on?

        Gary

        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
          I live in Eugene, Oregon and boat various places around here and all the
          way up to your bailiwick, Kristine. Trailer boats rule! <g>

          Our local messabout group has members in your area too:

          One of whom instigates a get-together in the Islands:

          http://members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/Sucia%202005/Sucia%202006.htm

          I don't have any Bolger boats right now, but built an Elegant Punt once!

          --
          John <jkohnen@...>
          No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
            Hi Kristine,

            If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess I'm about six
            miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a Chebacco -- we
            get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her. Whereabouts in
            the islands are you?

            I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL, but that
            bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be interested in.
            Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/ and see both
            rendezvous.

            (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue of Small Craft
            Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already subscribe, you
            should try it, and not just for the article mentioned.)

            Hope to see you on the water sometime!

            Cheers,

            Jamie Orr

            > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
            > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
            > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
            >
            > Blessings Krissie
            >
            > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
            >

            > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
            > > ways better then
            > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
            > > contractors into MDO
            > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
            > > togather and
            > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
            > > to back fence
            > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
            > > bair and still
            > > solid.
            > >
            > > Jon

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Kristine Bennett
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
              For myself I like to know where people are from. And
              to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
              there.

              A lot of time where you live will help define what
              kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
              the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
              coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
              find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.

              Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
              be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
              see if it can run the inside passage.

              Blessings all
              Krissie

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                I'm on San Juan and when I was living on the south end
                of the island I could see the lights of Port Angeles.

                Blessings Krissie

                --- Gary Lepak <gnjlepak@...> wrote:

                > Kristine,
                >
                > I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port
                > Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
                > my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years,
                > '80-'82. What Island are
                > you on?
                >
                > Gary

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Kristine Bennett
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                  I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                  leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                  live.

                  I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                  have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                  first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                  inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                  it back to my Dad as a gift.

                  I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                  here in the northwest?

                  Blessings Krissie

                  --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Kristine,
                  >
                  > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                  > I'm about six
                  > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                  > Chebacco -- we
                  > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                  > Whereabouts in
                  > the islands are you?
                  >
                  > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                  > but that
                  > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                  > interested in.
                  > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                  > and see both
                  > rendezvous.
                  >
                  > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                  > of Small Craft
                  > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                  > subscribe, you
                  > should try it, and not just for the article
                  > mentioned.)
                  >
                  > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Jamie Orr

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Kristine Bennett
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                    I would like to say I'm sorry for the last few posts
                    that I thought I had sent to the sender not to the
                    list!

                    I'm sorry about that!

                    Kristine

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                      Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you to
                      answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                      people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                      filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be nice
                      if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon pic.

                      Jon

                      > For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                      > to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                      > there.
                      >
                      > A lot of time where you live will help define what
                      > kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                      > the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                      > coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                      > find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.
                      >
                      > Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                      > be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                      > see if it can run the inside passage.
                      >
                      > Blessings all
                      > Krissie
                      >

                      > --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > K,
                      > >
                      > > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
                      > > Western Oregon
                      > > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
                      > >
                      > > Cheers,
                      > > David Graybeal
                      > > Portland, OR
                      > >
                      > > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                    • David
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                        Jon,

                        Don't give me that! I know for certain that I answered an email.
                        Early 2005, I think it was <G> Seriously, if I've been slow to
                        respond, I apologize. Life is hectic these days. We're still inching
                        forward with the sailing rig for our Goat Island Skiff. I completed
                        the tiller & stock this week (except for paint/varnish). We have all
                        3 spars tapered, and started turning them into 8-sided Wed. nite.
                        See you soon.

                        Cheers,
                        David Graybeal
                        Portland, OR

                        "We do not change as we grow older; we just become more clearly
                        ourselves" -- Lynn Hall

                        ******************

                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you
                        > answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                        > people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                        > filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be
                        nice
                        > if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon
                        pic.

                        > Jon
                      • Jamie Orr
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                          Hi

                          Go to http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/ and look around. You can
                          subscribe on-line if you decide you want it. I saw it first at the
                          2004 Port Townsend show and thought it looked good -- right kind of
                          boats and a local mag.

                          We'll be clearing customs next July 13 (Friday the 13th!) at Roche
                          on our way to Sucia -- join us then?

                          Cheers,

                          Jamie

                          > I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                          > leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                          > live.
                          >
                          > I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                          > have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                          > first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                          > inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                          > it back to my Dad as a gift.
                          >
                          > I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                          > here in the northwest?
                          >

                          > Blessings Krissie
                          >
                          > --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi Kristine,
                          > >
                          > > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                          > > I'm about six
                          > > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                          > > Chebacco -- we
                          > > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                          > > Whereabouts in
                          > > the islands are you?
                          > >
                          > > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                          > > but that
                          > > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                          > > interested in.
                          > > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                          > > and see both
                          > > rendezvous.
                          > >
                          > > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                          > > of Small Craft
                          > > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                          > > subscribe, you
                          > > should try it, and not just for the article
                          > > mentioned.)
                          > >
                          > > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,
                          > >
                          > > Jamie Orr

                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Kristine Bennett
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                            I would love to but no boat at this time that has a
                            running OB. But let me know when you are going to be
                            at Roche and I'll enjoy meeting you after you clear
                            customs.

                            Just look for a tall woman walking a malamute. After
                            you clear.

                            or call me on my cel phone when you are at roche.

                            Blessings Krissie

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Peter Lenihan
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 31, 2006
                              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "macinkos" <smacinko@...> wrote:

                              > Windemere update requested.....

                              Hi Seth et al.,

                              I'm right here ! Sorry about a long absence,but there
                              were "computer issues" at my place of work where I have internet
                              access.Something of a meltdown between management and moi regarding
                              my "none work related use of company equipement".Well,as you can now
                              see,I convinced them :-)
                              Work on Windermere continues right along despite something of a
                              set back when my crew took ill.Very ill, in fact, thus I had to play
                              more important role as chief cook and bottle washer along with a
                              supporting role as pot-licker.Things have improved greatly on the
                              home
                              front and life is returning to normal.
                              A major distraction this past summer was the presence of Jean
                              and
                              Gaby with their fantastic AS-39 Anemone.Spent perhaps too much time
                              goofing off with them while the weather was all hot and sunny and
                              the
                              beer flowed like...well.... the St.Lawrence! :-)
                              I thought I would have been much much further along with
                              Windermere but,as usual,my optimism got the better of me again and I
                              under-estimated the real amount of work needed to finish up the
                              stern
                              section(lazerette,outboard motor mount,auxiliary motor mount,stern
                              platform,access doors to motors,frame supports for folding aft deck
                              etc...)
                              Nevertheless,we charge on ever forward into the shortening days
                              while discretely dumping the ice from the cooler and stocking up on
                              Port for the coming arctic chill :-D. As my late grandmother would
                              often say,"with the help of God and 14 policemen" I should be
                              launched
                              by early summer 2007.

                              I've spent the first part of the night just trying to catch up
                              with all the posts and got a kick out of the MICRO string.Sorta like
                              deja vue all over again, to use a famous quote :-)

                              Happy building and sailing to all!

                              Sincerely,

                              Peter Lenihan,re-learning how to type using the hunt-n-peck method I
                              mastered after 6 years of hard practice........