Re: where's Peter/cheep and fast

  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
      I am in the other Vancouver as in Vancouver Wa.

      Jon

      > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
      > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
      > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
      >
      > Blessings Krissie
      >
      > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
      >

      > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
      > > ways better then
      > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
      > > contractors into MDO
      > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
      > > togather and
      > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
      > > to back fence
      > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
      > > bair and still
      > > solid.
      > >
      > > Jon

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Harry James
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
        Juneau AK, some don't think AK is in the USA.

        HJ

        Kristine Bennett wrote:
        > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
        > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
        > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
        >
        > Blessings Krissie
        >
        > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
        >

        >> MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
        >> ways better then
        >> marine. Working building houses I try to talk
        >> contractors into MDO
        >> for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
        >> togather and
        >> paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
        >> to back fence
        >> that has been through many many NW winters that is
        >> bair and still
        >> solid.
        >>
        >> Jon

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
          Not available here, I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I could get it and
          I needed the greater thicknesses it comes in.

          HJ

          Jon & Wanda(Tink) wrote:
          > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some ways better then
          > marine. Working building houses I try to talk contractors into MDO
          > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays togather and
          > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst to back fence
          > that has been through many many NW winters that is bair and still
          > solid.
          >
          > Jon

        • David
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
            K,

            I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the Western Oregon
            Messabout Society). Why do you ask?

            Cheers,
            David Graybeal
            Portland, OR

            "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

            *************

            > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
            > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
            > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
            >
            > Blessings Krissie
            >
            > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
            >

            > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
            > > ways better then
            > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
            > > contractors into MDO
            > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
            > > togather and
            > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
            > > to back fence
            > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
            > > bair and still
            > > solid.
            > >
            > > Jon

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Gary Lepak
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
              Kristine,

              I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
              my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years, '80-'82. What Island are
              you on?

              Gary

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                I live in Eugene, Oregon and boat various places around here and all the
                way up to your bailiwick, Kristine. Trailer boats rule! <g>

                Our local messabout group has members in your area too:

                One of whom instigates a get-together in the Islands:

                http://members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/Sucia%202005/Sucia%202006.htm

                I don't have any Bolger boats right now, but built an Elegant Punt once!

                --
                John <jkohnen@...>
                No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Hi Kristine,

                  If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess I'm about six
                  miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a Chebacco -- we
                  get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her. Whereabouts in
                  the islands are you?

                  I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL, but that
                  bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be interested in.
                  Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/ and see both
                  rendezvous.

                  (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue of Small Craft
                  Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already subscribe, you
                  should try it, and not just for the article mentioned.)

                  Hope to see you on the water sometime!

                  Cheers,

                  Jamie Orr

                  > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                  > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                  > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
                  >
                  > Blessings Krissie
                  >
                  > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
                  >

                  > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                  > > ways better then
                  > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                  > > contractors into MDO
                  > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                  > > togather and
                  > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                  > > to back fence
                  > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
                  > > bair and still
                  > > solid.
                  > >
                  > > Jon

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Kristine Bennett
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                    For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                    to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                    there.

                    A lot of time where you live will help define what
                    kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                    the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                    coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                    find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.

                    Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                    be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                    see if it can run the inside passage.

                    Blessings all
                    Krissie

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                      I'm on San Juan and when I was living on the south end
                      of the island I could see the lights of Port Angeles.

                      Blessings Krissie

                      --- Gary Lepak <gnjlepak@...> wrote:

                      > Kristine,
                      >
                      > I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port
                      > Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
                      > my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years,
                      > '80-'82. What Island are
                      > you on?
                      >
                      > Gary

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Kristine Bennett
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                        I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                        leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                        live.

                        I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                        have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                        first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                        inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                        it back to my Dad as a gift.

                        I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                        here in the northwest?

                        Blessings Krissie

                        --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Kristine,
                        >
                        > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                        > I'm about six
                        > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                        > Chebacco -- we
                        > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                        > Whereabouts in
                        > the islands are you?
                        >
                        > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                        > but that
                        > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                        > interested in.
                        > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                        > and see both
                        > rendezvous.
                        >
                        > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                        > of Small Craft
                        > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                        > subscribe, you
                        > should try it, and not just for the article
                        > mentioned.)
                        >
                        > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        >
                        > Jamie Orr

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Kristine Bennett
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                          I would like to say I'm sorry for the last few posts
                          that I thought I had sent to the sender not to the
                          list!

                          I'm sorry about that!

                          Kristine

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                            Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you to
                            answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                            people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                            filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be nice
                            if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon pic.

                            Jon

                            > For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                            > to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                            > there.
                            >
                            > A lot of time where you live will help define what
                            > kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                            > the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                            > coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                            > find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.
                            >
                            > Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                            > be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                            > see if it can run the inside passage.
                            >
                            > Blessings all
                            > Krissie
                            >

                            > --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > K,
                            > >
                            > > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
                            > > Western Oregon
                            > > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
                            > >
                            > > Cheers,
                            > > David Graybeal
                            > > Portland, OR
                            > >
                            > > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

                            > http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • David
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                              Jon,

                              Don't give me that! I know for certain that I answered an email.
                              Early 2005, I think it was <G> Seriously, if I've been slow to
                              respond, I apologize. Life is hectic these days. We're still inching
                              forward with the sailing rig for our Goat Island Skiff. I completed
                              the tiller & stock this week (except for paint/varnish). We have all
                              3 spars tapered, and started turning them into 8-sided Wed. nite.
                              See you soon.

                              Cheers,
                              David Graybeal
                              Portland, OR

                              "We do not change as we grow older; we just become more clearly
                              ourselves" -- Lynn Hall

                              ******************

                              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you
                              > answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                              > people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                              > filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be
                              nice
                              > if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon
                              pic.

                              > Jon
                            • Jamie Orr
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                Hi

                                Go to http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/ and look around. You can
                                subscribe on-line if you decide you want it. I saw it first at the
                                2004 Port Townsend show and thought it looked good -- right kind of
                                boats and a local mag.

                                We'll be clearing customs next July 13 (Friday the 13th!) at Roche
                                on our way to Sucia -- join us then?

                                Cheers,

                                Jamie

                                > I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                                > leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                                > live.
                                >
                                > I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                                > have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                                > first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                                > inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                                > it back to my Dad as a gift.
                                >
                                > I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                                > here in the northwest?
                                >

                                > Blessings Krissie
                                >
                                > --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Hi Kristine,
                                > >
                                > > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                                > > I'm about six
                                > > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                                > > Chebacco -- we
                                > > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                                > > Whereabouts in
                                > > the islands are you?
                                > >
                                > > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                                > > but that
                                > > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                                > > interested in.
                                > > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                                > > and see both
                                > > rendezvous.
                                > >
                                > > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                                > > of Small Craft
                                > > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                                > > subscribe, you
                                > > should try it, and not just for the article
                                > > mentioned.)
                                > >
                                > > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                                > >
                                > > Cheers,
                                > >
                                > > Jamie Orr

                                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                              • Kristine Bennett
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                  I would love to but no boat at this time that has a
                                  running OB. But let me know when you are going to be
                                  at Roche and I'll enjoy meeting you after you clear
                                  customs.

                                  Just look for a tall woman walking a malamute. After
                                  you clear.

                                  or call me on my cel phone when you are at roche.

                                  Blessings Krissie

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • Peter Lenihan
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 31, 2006
                                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "macinkos" <smacinko@...> wrote:

                                    > Windemere update requested.....

                                    Hi Seth et al.,

                                    I'm right here ! Sorry about a long absence,but there
                                    were "computer issues" at my place of work where I have internet
                                    access.Something of a meltdown between management and moi regarding
                                    my "none work related use of company equipement".Well,as you can now
                                    see,I convinced them :-)
                                    Work on Windermere continues right along despite something of a
                                    set back when my crew took ill.Very ill, in fact, thus I had to play
                                    more important role as chief cook and bottle washer along with a
                                    supporting role as pot-licker.Things have improved greatly on the
                                    home
                                    front and life is returning to normal.
                                    A major distraction this past summer was the presence of Jean
                                    and
                                    Gaby with their fantastic AS-39 Anemone.Spent perhaps too much time
                                    goofing off with them while the weather was all hot and sunny and
                                    the
                                    beer flowed like...well.... the St.Lawrence! :-)
                                    I thought I would have been much much further along with
                                    Windermere but,as usual,my optimism got the better of me again and I
                                    under-estimated the real amount of work needed to finish up the
                                    stern
                                    section(lazerette,outboard motor mount,auxiliary motor mount,stern
                                    platform,access doors to motors,frame supports for folding aft deck
                                    etc...)
                                    Nevertheless,we charge on ever forward into the shortening days
                                    while discretely dumping the ice from the cooler and stocking up on
                                    Port for the coming arctic chill :-D. As my late grandmother would
                                    often say,"with the help of God and 14 policemen" I should be
                                    launched
                                    by early summer 2007.

                                    I've spent the first part of the night just trying to catch up
                                    with all the posts and got a kick out of the MICRO string.Sorta like
                                    deja vue all over again, to use a famous quote :-)

                                    Happy building and sailing to all!

                                    Sincerely,

                                    Peter Lenihan,re-learning how to type using the hunt-n-peck method I
                                    mastered after 6 years of hard practice........