Re: [bolger] Re: where's Peter/cheep and fast

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
      OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
      here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
      from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.

      Blessings Krissie

      --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote

      > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
      > ways better then
      > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
      > contractors into MDO
      > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
      > togather and
      > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
      > to back fence
      > that has been through many many NW winters that is
      > bair and still
      > solid.
      >
      > Jon

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
        I am in the other Vancouver as in Vancouver Wa.

        Jon

        > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
        > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
        > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
        >
        > Blessings Krissie
        >
        > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
        >

        > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
        > > ways better then
        > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
        > > contractors into MDO
        > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
        > > togather and
        > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
        > > to back fence
        > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
        > > bair and still
        > > solid.
        > >
        > > Jon

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
          Juneau AK, some don't think AK is in the USA.

          HJ

          Kristine Bennett wrote:
          > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
          > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
          > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
          >
          > Blessings Krissie
          >
          > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
          >

          >> MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
          >> ways better then
          >> marine. Working building houses I try to talk
          >> contractors into MDO
          >> for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
          >> togather and
          >> paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
          >> to back fence
          >> that has been through many many NW winters that is
          >> bair and still
          >> solid.
          >>
          >> Jon

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
            Not available here, I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I could get it and
            I needed the greater thicknesses it comes in.

            HJ

            Jon & Wanda(Tink) wrote:
            > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some ways better then
            > marine. Working building houses I try to talk contractors into MDO
            > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays togather and
            > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst to back fence
            > that has been through many many NW winters that is bair and still
            > solid.
            >
            > Jon

          • David
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
              K,

              I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the Western Oregon
              Messabout Society). Why do you ask?

              Cheers,
              David Graybeal
              Portland, OR

              "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

              *************

              > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
              > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
              > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
              >
              > Blessings Krissie
              >
              > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
              >

              > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
              > > ways better then
              > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
              > > contractors into MDO
              > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
              > > togather and
              > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
              > > to back fence
              > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
              > > bair and still
              > > solid.
              > >
              > > Jon

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Gary Lepak
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                Kristine,

                I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
                my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years, '80-'82. What Island are
                you on?

                Gary

                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                  I live in Eugene, Oregon and boat various places around here and all the
                  way up to your bailiwick, Kristine. Trailer boats rule! <g>

                  Our local messabout group has members in your area too:

                  One of whom instigates a get-together in the Islands:

                  http://members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/Sucia%202005/Sucia%202006.htm

                  I don't have any Bolger boats right now, but built an Elegant Punt once!

                  --
                  John <jkohnen@...>
                  No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                    Hi Kristine,

                    If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess I'm about six
                    miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a Chebacco -- we
                    get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her. Whereabouts in
                    the islands are you?

                    I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL, but that
                    bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be interested in.
                    Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/ and see both
                    rendezvous.

                    (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue of Small Craft
                    Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already subscribe, you
                    should try it, and not just for the article mentioned.)

                    Hope to see you on the water sometime!

                    Cheers,

                    Jamie Orr

                    > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                    > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                    > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
                    >
                    > Blessings Krissie
                    >
                    > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
                    >

                    > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                    > > ways better then
                    > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                    > > contractors into MDO
                    > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                    > > togather and
                    > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                    > > to back fence
                    > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
                    > > bair and still
                    > > solid.
                    > >
                    > > Jon

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Kristine Bennett
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                      For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                      to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                      there.

                      A lot of time where you live will help define what
                      kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                      the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                      coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                      find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.

                      Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                      be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                      see if it can run the inside passage.

                      Blessings all
                      Krissie

                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                        I'm on San Juan and when I was living on the south end
                        of the island I could see the lights of Port Angeles.

                        Blessings Krissie

                        --- Gary Lepak <gnjlepak@...> wrote:

                        > Kristine,
                        >
                        > I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port
                        > Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
                        > my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years,
                        > '80-'82. What Island are
                        > you on?
                        >
                        > Gary

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Kristine Bennett
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                          I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                          leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                          live.

                          I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                          have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                          first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                          inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                          it back to my Dad as a gift.

                          I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                          here in the northwest?

                          Blessings Krissie

                          --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Kristine,
                          >
                          > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                          > I'm about six
                          > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                          > Chebacco -- we
                          > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                          > Whereabouts in
                          > the islands are you?
                          >
                          > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                          > but that
                          > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                          > interested in.
                          > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                          > and see both
                          > rendezvous.
                          >
                          > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                          > of Small Craft
                          > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                          > subscribe, you
                          > should try it, and not just for the article
                          > mentioned.)
                          >
                          > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          >
                          > Jamie Orr

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Kristine Bennett
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                            I would like to say I'm sorry for the last few posts
                            that I thought I had sent to the sender not to the
                            list!

                            I'm sorry about that!

                            Kristine

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                              Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you to
                              answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                              people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                              filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be nice
                              if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon pic.

                              Jon

                              > For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                              > to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                              > there.
                              >
                              > A lot of time where you live will help define what
                              > kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                              > the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                              > coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                              > find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.
                              >
                              > Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                              > be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                              > see if it can run the inside passage.
                              >
                              > Blessings all
                              > Krissie
                              >

                              > --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > K,
                              > >
                              > > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
                              > > Western Oregon
                              > > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
                              > >
                              > > Cheers,
                              > > David Graybeal
                              > > Portland, OR
                              > >
                              > > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

                              > http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • David
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                Jon,

                                Don't give me that! I know for certain that I answered an email.
                                Early 2005, I think it was <G> Seriously, if I've been slow to
                                respond, I apologize. Life is hectic these days. We're still inching
                                forward with the sailing rig for our Goat Island Skiff. I completed
                                the tiller & stock this week (except for paint/varnish). We have all
                                3 spars tapered, and started turning them into 8-sided Wed. nite.
                                See you soon.

                                Cheers,
                                David Graybeal
                                Portland, OR

                                "We do not change as we grow older; we just become more clearly
                                ourselves" -- Lynn Hall

                                ******************

                                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
                                wrote:

                                > Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you
                                > answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                                > people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                                > filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be
                                nice
                                > if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon
                                pic.

                                > Jon
                              • Jamie Orr
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                  Hi

                                  Go to http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/ and look around. You can
                                  subscribe on-line if you decide you want it. I saw it first at the
                                  2004 Port Townsend show and thought it looked good -- right kind of
                                  boats and a local mag.

                                  We'll be clearing customs next July 13 (Friday the 13th!) at Roche
                                  on our way to Sucia -- join us then?

                                  Cheers,

                                  Jamie

                                  > I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                                  > leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                                  > live.
                                  >
                                  > I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                                  > have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                                  > first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                                  > inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                                  > it back to my Dad as a gift.
                                  >
                                  > I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                                  > here in the northwest?
                                  >

                                  > Blessings Krissie
                                  >
                                  > --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Hi Kristine,
                                  > >
                                  > > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                                  > > I'm about six
                                  > > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                                  > > Chebacco -- we
                                  > > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                                  > > Whereabouts in
                                  > > the islands are you?
                                  > >
                                  > > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                                  > > but that
                                  > > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                                  > > interested in.
                                  > > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                                  > > and see both
                                  > > rendezvous.
                                  > >
                                  > > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                                  > > of Small Craft
                                  > > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                                  > > subscribe, you
                                  > > should try it, and not just for the article
                                  > > mentioned.)
                                  > >
                                  > > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                                  > >
                                  > > Cheers,
                                  > >
                                  > > Jamie Orr

                                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                • Kristine Bennett
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                    I would love to but no boat at this time that has a
                                    running OB. But let me know when you are going to be
                                    at Roche and I'll enjoy meeting you after you clear
                                    customs.

                                    Just look for a tall woman walking a malamute. After
                                    you clear.

                                    or call me on my cel phone when you are at roche.

                                    Blessings Krissie

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • Peter Lenihan
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 31, 2006
                                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "macinkos" <smacinko@...> wrote:

                                      > Windemere update requested.....

                                      Hi Seth et al.,

                                      I'm right here ! Sorry about a long absence,but there
                                      were "computer issues" at my place of work where I have internet
                                      access.Something of a meltdown between management and moi regarding
                                      my "none work related use of company equipement".Well,as you can now
                                      see,I convinced them :-)
                                      Work on Windermere continues right along despite something of a
                                      set back when my crew took ill.Very ill, in fact, thus I had to play
                                      more important role as chief cook and bottle washer along with a
                                      supporting role as pot-licker.Things have improved greatly on the
                                      home
                                      front and life is returning to normal.
                                      A major distraction this past summer was the presence of Jean
                                      and
                                      Gaby with their fantastic AS-39 Anemone.Spent perhaps too much time
                                      goofing off with them while the weather was all hot and sunny and
                                      the
                                      beer flowed like...well.... the St.Lawrence! :-)
                                      I thought I would have been much much further along with
                                      Windermere but,as usual,my optimism got the better of me again and I
                                      under-estimated the real amount of work needed to finish up the
                                      stern
                                      section(lazerette,outboard motor mount,auxiliary motor mount,stern
                                      platform,access doors to motors,frame supports for folding aft deck
                                      etc...)
                                      Nevertheless,we charge on ever forward into the shortening days
                                      while discretely dumping the ice from the cooler and stocking up on
                                      Port for the coming arctic chill :-D. As my late grandmother would
                                      often say,"with the help of God and 14 policemen" I should be
                                      launched
                                      by early summer 2007.

                                      I've spent the first part of the night just trying to catch up
                                      with all the posts and got a kick out of the MICRO string.Sorta like
                                      deja vue all over again, to use a famous quote :-)

                                      Happy building and sailing to all!

                                      Sincerely,

                                      Peter Lenihan,re-learning how to type using the hunt-n-peck method I
                                      mastered after 6 years of hard practice........