where's Peter (Lenihan)?

  • macinkos
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 3, 2006
      Windemere update requested.....
    • Harry James
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 3, 2006
        Seth

        He had some comments about about a month and a half ago, and posted a
        lot of photos of Le Cabotin the French Canadian "Loose Moose" He is
        getting close, you or I would probably have launched by now but he is
        holding to his usual very high standards of construction. There are some
        photos in Bolger and Bolger 2 but I don't think they are recent.

        How are you dong East Coast boy. I am fully retired now, still thinking
        of a Tennessee. HQ has a list of things to get done first and there is
        the little matter of the Pearson Triton that has appeared in the yard. I
        built a Elegant Punt for it using staples, PL Premium tube glue, A/C
        plywood, free paint except for the interior which cost $2 when K mart
        closed. I know I swore never to use A/C again but I look at this as a
        disposable boat, if I get more than two seasons out of it I will have
        exceeded expectations. At $60 and 20 hrs labor, 2 years is fine.

        How is your Tennessee?

        HJ

        macinkos wrote:
        > Windemere update requested.....

      • Kristine Bennett
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 3, 2006
          Harry J you know that is a good way to look at it too.
          But you never know I've seen some "temp" fixes that
          have lasted 6 to 10 years.

          There is a few good things that can be said for
          building a quick and dirty boat. 20 to 60 hours in the
          shop and 200 hours on the water sounds better then
          1200 hours in the shop and NO hours on the water.
          Running an RC boat on the lake is not the same as
          being in one and enjoying the lake or sound!

          Blessings Krissie

          > built a Elegant Punt for it using staples, PL
          > Premium tube glue, A/C
          > plywood, free paint except for the interior which
          > cost $2 when K mart
          > closed. I know I swore never to use A/C again but I
          > look at this as a
          > disposable boat, if I get more than two seasons out
          > of it I will have
          > exceeded expectations. At $60 and 20 hrs labor, 2
          > years is fine.
          >
          > How is your Tennessee?
          >
          > HJ

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
            There is a cross over point in time expended where you have to think
            about quality materials. I approached the EP knowing I would be putting
            min time in it and went with max cheep. In 2003 we built three Gulls.
            They all came off the same mold but I am incapable of doing something
            the same way three times running. Two were built with marine plywood
            (Okoume from Edensaw) and one with AC from the local store. The AC
            looked flawless and had no voids which is why I went with it. All the
            boats had Dynel on the bottoms because of the rocky beaches here, one
            had fiberglassed sides flowcoated before assembly. I used System Three
            paint on the two marine plywood boats, exterior latex on the AC. We had
            between 70-120 hrs in each boat. The intent of these boats was to use
            them for 10-15 years for day excursions, camping. and exploring over the
            border in Canada. I have had delamination in the AC since the first
            year. The boat is still usable but with the time I have in it AC is a
            very false economy. Many try to make AC acceptable by totally
            encapsulating in epoxy. This is very time consuming and its still a sows
            ear with fine stitching.

            I swore then I would not use AC again, but I have since changed my tune
            to consider it for "disposable" boats. If I can do it in less than 40
            hrs and $200 then it might be acceptable.

            HJ

            Kristine Bennett wrote:
            > Harry J you know that is a good way to look at it too.
            > But you never know I've seen some "temp" fixes that
            > have lasted 6 to 10 years.
            >
            > There is a few good things that can be said for
            > building a quick and dirty boat. 20 to 60 hours in the
            > shop and 200 hours on the water sounds better then
            > 1200 hours in the shop and NO hours on the water.
            > Running an RC boat on the lake is not the same as
            > being in one and enjoying the lake or sound!
            >
            > Blessings Krissie

            >> built a Elegant Punt for it using staples, PL
            >> Premium tube glue, A/C
            >> plywood, free paint except for the interior which
            >> cost $2 when K mart
            >> closed. I know I swore never to use A/C again but I
            >> look at this as a
            >> disposable boat, if I get more than two seasons out
            >> of it I will have
            >> exceeded expectations. At $60 and 20 hrs labor, 2
            >> years is fine.
            >>
            >> How is your Tennessee?
            >>
            >> HJ

          • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
              MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some ways better then
              marine. Working building houses I try to talk contractors into MDO
              for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays togather and
              paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst to back fence
              that has been through many many NW winters that is bair and still
              solid.

              Jon

              > There is a cross over point in time expended where you have to
              think
              > about quality materials. I approached the EP knowing I would be
              putting
              > min time in it and went with max cheep. In 2003 we built three
              Gulls.
              > They all came off the same mold but I am incapable of doing
              something
              > the same way three times running. Two were built with marine
              plywood
              > (Okoume from Edensaw) and one with AC from the local store. The AC
              > looked flawless and had no voids which is why I went with it. All
              the
              > boats had Dynel on the bottoms because of the rocky beaches here,
              one
              > had fiberglassed sides flowcoated before assembly. I used System
              Three
              > paint on the two marine plywood boats, exterior latex on the AC. We
              had
              > between 70-120 hrs in each boat. The intent of these boats was to
              use
              > them for 10-15 years for day excursions, camping. and exploring
              over the
              > border in Canada. I have had delamination in the AC since the first
              > year. The boat is still usable but with the time I have in it AC is
              > very false economy. Many try to make AC acceptable by totally
              > encapsulating in epoxy. This is very time consuming and its still a
              sows
              > ear with fine stitching.
              >
              > I swore then I would not use AC again, but I have since changed my
              tune
              > to consider it for "disposable" boats. If I can do it in less than
              40
              > hrs and $200 then it might be acceptable.
              >
              > HJ
            • John and Kathy Trussell
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
                MDO can be good stuff but the thinnest I have found is 3/8". This is a little heavy for most small boats. However, if your plan calls for thicker planking or if your boat can stand the extra weight (a 3/8" hull will be 50% heavier than a 1/4" hull), MDO is an excellent choice.

                John T
                MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some ways better then
                marine. Working building houses I try to talk contractors into MDO
                for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays togather and
                paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst to back fence
                that has been through many many NW winters that is bair and still
                solid.

                Jon

                > There is a cross over point in time expended where you have to
                think
                > about quality materials. I approached the EP knowing I would be
                putting
                > min time in it and went with max cheep. In 2003 we built three
                Gulls.
                > They all came off the same mold but I am incapable of doing
                something
                > the same way three times running. Two were built with marine
                plywood
                > (Okoume from Edensaw) and one with AC from the local store. The AC
                > looked flawless and had no voids which is why I went with it. All
                the
                > boats had Dynel on the bottoms because of the rocky beaches here,
                one
                > had fiberglassed sides flowcoated before assembly. I used System
                Three
                > paint on the two marine plywood boats, exterior latex on the AC. We
                had
                > between 70-120 hrs in each boat. The intent of these boats was to
                use
                > them for 10-15 years for day excursions, camping. and exploring
                over the
                > border in Canada. I have had delamination in the AC since the first
                > year. The boat is still usable but with the time I have in it AC is
                > very false economy. Many try to make AC acceptable by totally
                > encapsulating in epoxy. This is very time consuming and its still a
                sows
                > ear with fine stitching.
                >
                > I swore then I would not use AC again, but I have since changed my
                tune
                > to consider it for "disposable" boats. If I can do it in less than
                40
                > hrs and $200 then it might be acceptable.
                >
                > HJ

              • Kristine Bennett
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
                  OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                  here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                  from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.

                  Blessings Krissie

                  --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote

                  > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                  > ways better then
                  > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                  > contractors into MDO
                  > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                  > togather and
                  > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                  > to back fence
                  > that has been through many many NW winters that is
                  > bair and still
                  > solid.
                  >
                  > Jon

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
                    I am in the other Vancouver as in Vancouver Wa.

                    Jon

                    > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                    > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                    > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
                    >
                    > Blessings Krissie
                    >
                    > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
                    >

                    > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                    > > ways better then
                    > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                    > > contractors into MDO
                    > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                    > > togather and
                    > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                    > > to back fence
                    > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
                    > > bair and still
                    > > solid.
                    > >
                    > > Jon

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Harry James
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
                      Juneau AK, some don't think AK is in the USA.

                      HJ

                      Kristine Bennett wrote:
                      > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                      > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                      > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
                      >
                      > Blessings Krissie
                      >
                      > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
                      >

                      >> MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                      >> ways better then
                      >> marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                      >> contractors into MDO
                      >> for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                      >> togather and
                      >> paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                      >> to back fence
                      >> that has been through many many NW winters that is
                      >> bair and still
                      >> solid.
                      >>
                      >> Jon

                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Harry James
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 4, 2006
                        Not available here, I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I could get it and
                        I needed the greater thicknesses it comes in.

                        HJ

                        Jon & Wanda(Tink) wrote:
                        > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some ways better then
                        > marine. Working building houses I try to talk contractors into MDO
                        > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays togather and
                        > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst to back fence
                        > that has been through many many NW winters that is bair and still
                        > solid.
                        >
                        > Jon

                      • David
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                          K,

                          I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the Western Oregon
                          Messabout Society). Why do you ask?

                          Cheers,
                          David Graybeal
                          Portland, OR

                          "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

                          *************

                          > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                          > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                          > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
                          >
                          > Blessings Krissie
                          >
                          > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
                          >

                          > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                          > > ways better then
                          > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                          > > contractors into MDO
                          > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                          > > togather and
                          > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                          > > to back fence
                          > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
                          > > bair and still
                          > > solid.
                          > >
                          > > Jon

                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Gary Lepak
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                            Kristine,

                            I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
                            my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years, '80-'82. What Island are
                            you on?

                            Gary

                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                              I live in Eugene, Oregon and boat various places around here and all the
                              way up to your bailiwick, Kristine. Trailer boats rule! <g>

                              Our local messabout group has members in your area too:

                              One of whom instigates a get-together in the Islands:

                              http://members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/Sucia%202005/Sucia%202006.htm

                              I don't have any Bolger boats right now, but built an Elegant Punt once!

                              --
                              John <jkohnen@...>
                              No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                                Hi Kristine,

                                If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess I'm about six
                                miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a Chebacco -- we
                                get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her. Whereabouts in
                                the islands are you?

                                I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL, but that
                                bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be interested in.
                                Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/ and see both
                                rendezvous.

                                (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue of Small Craft
                                Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already subscribe, you
                                should try it, and not just for the article mentioned.)

                                Hope to see you on the water sometime!

                                Cheers,

                                Jamie Orr

                                > OK it's time for me to ask who all on the list are
                                > here in the northwest of the USA? I know I'm 6 miles
                                > from Vancouver Island Canada. I'm still in the USA.
                                >
                                > Blessings Krissie
                                >
                                > --- "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...> wrote
                                >

                                > > MDO in many areas is cheaper then ACX and in some
                                > > ways better then
                                > > marine. Working building houses I try to talk
                                > > contractors into MDO
                                > > for smoth soffets and fake colums becouse it stays
                                > > togather and
                                > > paints well. I have a scrap from Olympic Ply agenst
                                > > to back fence
                                > > that has been through many many NW winters that is
                                > > bair and still
                                > > solid.
                                > >
                                > > Jon

                                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                              • Kristine Bennett
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                                  For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                                  to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                                  there.

                                  A lot of time where you live will help define what
                                  kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                                  the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                                  coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                                  find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.

                                  Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                                  be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                                  see if it can run the inside passage.

                                  Blessings all
                                  Krissie

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                                    I'm on San Juan and when I was living on the south end
                                    of the island I could see the lights of Port Angeles.

                                    Blessings Krissie

                                    --- Gary Lepak <gnjlepak@...> wrote:

                                    > Kristine,
                                    >
                                    > I am 15 miles south of Victoria, B.C., in Port
                                    > Angeles, WA. I lived aboard
                                    > my boat anchored in Friday Harbor for two years,
                                    > '80-'82. What Island are
                                    > you on?
                                    >
                                    > Gary

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • Kristine Bennett
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                                      I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                                      leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                                      live.

                                      I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                                      have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                                      first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                                      inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                                      it back to my Dad as a gift.

                                      I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                                      here in the northwest?

                                      Blessings Krissie

                                      --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Kristine,
                                      >
                                      > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                                      > I'm about six
                                      > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                                      > Chebacco -- we
                                      > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                                      > Whereabouts in
                                      > the islands are you?
                                      >
                                      > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                                      > but that
                                      > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                                      > interested in.
                                      > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                                      > and see both
                                      > rendezvous.
                                      >
                                      > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                                      > of Small Craft
                                      > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                                      > subscribe, you
                                      > should try it, and not just for the article
                                      > mentioned.)
                                      >
                                      > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                                      >
                                      > Cheers,
                                      >
                                      > Jamie Orr

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • Kristine Bennett
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                                        I would like to say I'm sorry for the last few posts
                                        that I thought I had sent to the sender not to the
                                        list!

                                        I'm sorry about that!

                                        Kristine

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 5, 2006
                                          Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you to
                                          answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                                          people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                                          filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be nice
                                          if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon pic.

                                          Jon

                                          > For myself I like to know where people are from. And
                                          > to see what boats are use where. Or planed to be use
                                          > there.
                                          >
                                          > A lot of time where you live will help define what
                                          > kind of boat you have or build Like in the middle of
                                          > the US bass boats are all over. When you get to the
                                          > coasts it's very mixed. Down in the gulf coast you
                                          > find a lot of flat boats for running in the shallows.
                                          >
                                          > Seeing how I'm from SE Alaska I look at boats that can
                                          > be used in rough water we have here. I also look to
                                          > see if it can run the inside passage.
                                          >
                                          > Blessings all
                                          > Krissie
                                          >

                                          > --- David <arbordg@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > K,
                                          > >
                                          > > I'm a neighbor of Jon's (and fellow member of the
                                          > > Western Oregon
                                          > > Messabout Society). Why do you ask?
                                          > >
                                          > > Cheers,
                                          > > David Graybeal
                                          > > Portland, OR
                                          > >
                                          > > "Nature does nothing uselessly" -- Aristotle

                                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                        • David
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                            Jon,

                                            Don't give me that! I know for certain that I answered an email.
                                            Early 2005, I think it was <G> Seriously, if I've been slow to
                                            respond, I apologize. Life is hectic these days. We're still inching
                                            forward with the sailing rig for our Goat Island Skiff. I completed
                                            the tiller & stock this week (except for paint/varnish). We have all
                                            3 spars tapered, and started turning them into 8-sided Wed. nite.
                                            See you soon.

                                            Cheers,
                                            David Graybeal
                                            Portland, OR

                                            "We do not change as we grow older; we just become more clearly
                                            ourselves" -- Lynn Hall

                                            ******************

                                            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            > Hell David I live across the Columbia from you and can't get you
                                            > answer a E-mail. LOL I also like to know what part of the world
                                            > people are in for simalor reasons. That is why we have our profile
                                            > filled out even if it has been awhile from last update. Would be
                                            nice
                                            > if everyone filled out there profile but David can use a cartoon
                                            pic.

                                            > Jon
                                          • Jamie Orr
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                              Hi

                                              Go to http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/ and look around. You can
                                              subscribe on-line if you decide you want it. I saw it first at the
                                              2004 Port Townsend show and thought it looked good -- right kind of
                                              boats and a local mag.

                                              We'll be clearing customs next July 13 (Friday the 13th!) at Roche
                                              on our way to Sucia -- join us then?

                                              Cheers,

                                              Jamie

                                              > I'm not far from Roche Harbor and the aircraft that
                                              > leave the airport there east bound fly over where I
                                              > live.
                                              >
                                              > I have not made up my mind about what to build but I
                                              > have a couple of small boat projects that may get done
                                              > first. Making a hard bottom for the Sea Eagle
                                              > inflatable does sound like a good idea then maybe give
                                              > it back to my Dad as a gift.
                                              >
                                              > I have no idea where to find Small Craft Advisor is it
                                              > here in the northwest?
                                              >

                                              > Blessings Krissie
                                              >
                                              > --- Jamie Orr <jas_orr@...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > Hi Kristine,
                                              > >
                                              > > If you're six miles from Vancouver Island, I guess
                                              > > I'm about six
                                              > > miles away from you. I live in Victoria and sail a
                                              > > Chebacco -- we
                                              > > get over to the San Juans about twice a year in her.
                                              > > Whereabouts in
                                              > > the islands are you?
                                              > >
                                              > > I saw John K's reply with the Sucia rendezvous URL,
                                              > > but that
                                              > > bypasses another small boat rendezvous you might be
                                              > > interested in.
                                              > > Try going to http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamie.orr/
                                              > > and see both
                                              > > rendezvous.
                                              > >
                                              > > (Both gatherings are written up in the Nov/Dec issue
                                              > > of Small Craft
                                              > > Advisor, which just came out. If you don't already
                                              > > subscribe, you
                                              > > should try it, and not just for the article
                                              > > mentioned.)
                                              > >
                                              > > Hope to see you on the water sometime!
                                              > >
                                              > > Cheers,
                                              > >
                                              > > Jamie Orr

                                              > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                            • Kristine Bennett
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                                                I would love to but no boat at this time that has a
                                                running OB. But let me know when you are going to be
                                                at Roche and I'll enjoy meeting you after you clear
                                                customs.

                                                Just look for a tall woman walking a malamute. After
                                                you clear.

                                                or call me on my cel phone when you are at roche.

                                                Blessings Krissie

                                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                                              • Peter Lenihan
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Oct 31, 2006
                                                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "macinkos" <smacinko@...> wrote:

                                                  > Windemere update requested.....

                                                  Hi Seth et al.,

                                                  I'm right here ! Sorry about a long absence,but there
                                                  were "computer issues" at my place of work where I have internet
                                                  access.Something of a meltdown between management and moi regarding
                                                  my "none work related use of company equipement".Well,as you can now
                                                  see,I convinced them :-)
                                                  Work on Windermere continues right along despite something of a
                                                  set back when my crew took ill.Very ill, in fact, thus I had to play
                                                  more important role as chief cook and bottle washer along with a
                                                  supporting role as pot-licker.Things have improved greatly on the
                                                  home
                                                  front and life is returning to normal.
                                                  A major distraction this past summer was the presence of Jean
                                                  and
                                                  Gaby with their fantastic AS-39 Anemone.Spent perhaps too much time
                                                  goofing off with them while the weather was all hot and sunny and
                                                  the
                                                  beer flowed like...well.... the St.Lawrence! :-)
                                                  I thought I would have been much much further along with
                                                  Windermere but,as usual,my optimism got the better of me again and I
                                                  under-estimated the real amount of work needed to finish up the
                                                  stern
                                                  section(lazerette,outboard motor mount,auxiliary motor mount,stern
                                                  platform,access doors to motors,frame supports for folding aft deck
                                                  etc...)
                                                  Nevertheless,we charge on ever forward into the shortening days
                                                  while discretely dumping the ice from the cooler and stocking up on
                                                  Port for the coming arctic chill :-D. As my late grandmother would
                                                  often say,"with the help of God and 14 policemen" I should be
                                                  launched
                                                  by early summer 2007.

                                                  I've spent the first part of the night just trying to catch up
                                                  with all the posts and got a kick out of the MICRO string.Sorta like
                                                  deja vue all over again, to use a famous quote :-)

                                                  Happy building and sailing to all!

                                                  Sincerely,

                                                  Peter Lenihan,re-learning how to type using the hunt-n-peck method I
                                                  mastered after 6 years of hard practice........