Re: [bolger] Re: Pontoons

  • derbyrm
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
      Training wheels aren't necessisarily a good safety device.

      Standing up to cast? Sure. Daysailing? Well you're trading the chance of leaning over a bit for the chance of a cartwheel. I'd rather lean.

      I remember watching a non-sailor with his brand new Hobie Cat out in the middle of the Halifax River. He managed to pitchpole three times before driving it up on the beach fast enough to bring the bow some fifteen feet from the waterline. We never saw him on the river again.

      Roger
      derbyrm@...
      http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm