Launch of the schooner Isabella

  • GarthAB
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
      Nice article in the Boston Globe today about the launch of the
      schooner Isabella at Harold Burnham's shipyard in Essex, MA. The only
      Bolger content that justifies posting it here (aside from general
      wooden boat lust) is that it mentions Harold Burnham learned his
      boatbuilding from Brad Story, builder of several of the early Bolger
      designs.

      Also, it's entirely possible that Bolger himself attended the launch,
      as Essex is only about 5 miles from Gloucester . . .

      http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/09/03/setting_sail/

      Garth
    • Allan Pickman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
        The other link, as PCB notes, is that Essex used to be called Chebacco Parish, origin of the original Chebacco boats.

        Allan
        in the hill

        -
      • Steven DAntonio
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
          Beautiful Boat, I wish they had some pictures of it under sail.

          Steven