Re: Micro 15 /19 owners

  • David
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      Greg,

      AFIK, there are no Micros or Long Micros in the Portland area. I
      vaguely recall one perhaps in the Seattle area. If you contact
      RiversWest, they can put you in touch with the builder of a Jochem's
      Schooner. Another member built a Light Schooner.

      If you're interested in small boats & boating, you might also want to
      chick out the Western Oregon Messabout Society. Their Yahoo Group
      is "MessaboutW". Good luck.

      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR

      "Moderation in all things, especially moderation"

      **************

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, greg marston <freedomseeker25@...> wrote:

      > Anyone in the Portland Ore. area sailing or building a Micro 15 or
      Long Micro. I am thinking of building a trailer sailer that could be
      used for extended blue water as well.

      > Greg

    • ANDREW AIREY
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
        Has anyone built a 'Colonel Hassler' yet.
        cheers
        Andy Airey

        http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
          On 9/2/06, ANDREW AIREY <andyairey@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone built a 'Colonel Hassler' yet.
          > cheers
          > Andy Airey

          No. Though I have plans and intend to build one. (My batting average
          for *actually* building every boat I intend to build is a bit low, but
          I take a lot of swings!)
        • graeme19121984
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2006
            I'd like to see it done. Kinda Jesse Cooper/Sea Bird 86/Micro Nav,
            or, if you like, an AS29'ed AS19 with ballast salient keel for
            increased blue water ability and coral protection, yet able to dry
            out upright (on legs?).

            How about for short tacking having a "non-dipping" dipping lug sail -
            similar to the fast and weatherly New Orleans luggers described by H
            I Chapelle?

            Would PCB&F have to be commissioned now do you think (a group?), or
            if enough asked might they draw it then?

            Graeme