Re: [bolger] Re: Tennessee Article in M.A.I.B.

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
      Which MAIB had the Tennessee article?

      HJ

      Bruce Hallman wrote:
      > On 9/1/06, john h wright <jhargrovewright2@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I towed a 9' dingy ... it gave me hell at times.
      >>

      >> How about a trailer hitch mounted on the transom?
      >>

      > Yes, Bolger specifically mentioned a 'trailer hitch'. No doubt,
      > coming from his mind, an ingenious 'trailer hitch'.
      >
      > Has anybody else truly taken the time to understand the 3D dynamics of
      > the connection of the three pieces of Breakdown Schooner? After a
      > couple hours of head scratching, I finally did, and consider it pure
      > genius.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • eric green
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
        Has there ever been a write-up for Windermere by Mr. Bolger? I look in the
        MIAB index and did not find one. Thanks in advance,

      • baysidewoodenboats
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
          Dear Eric,

          I don't know about MAIB, but there is a three page article covering
          Champlain and Windermere in issue #36 of the magazine "Watercraft".
          It is the Nov/Dec 2002 issue.

          Ross Lillistone

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "eric green" <ericgreen@...> wrote:

          > Has there ever been a write-up for Windermere by Mr. Bolger? I
          look in the
          > MIAB index and did not find one. Thanks in advance,
          >

          > --
          9/1/2006

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
            On 9/1/06, Harry James <welshman@...> wrote:
            > Which MAIB had the Tennessee article?

            Going from memory, the July 15, 2005 issue.
          • eric green
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
              Thanks Ross. I will see if I can track down this volume.

              --- In HYPERLINK "mailto:bolger%40yahoogroups.com"bolger@yahoogroups.-com,
              "eric green" <ericgreen@.-..> wrote:

              > Has there ever been a write-up for Windermere by Mr. Bolger? I
              look in the
              > MIAB index and did not find one. Thanks in advance,
              >

              > --
              9/1/2006

              > --

            • Waldo F. Odonahue
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
                Bolger sent me a copy.

              • adventures_in_astrophotography
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                  Hi Bruce,

                  > Going from memory, the July 15, 2005 issue.

                  That's the one. I should know since I just received it a week and a
                  half ago here in CO. Then within 10 days I got the next three issues,
                  including the Sept. 1 issue actually arriving on Sept. 1. Ah, the
                  mysteries of the USPS.

                  I always thought Tennessee would make a great canoe/kayak mothership,
                  or even carry a small sailing dinghy if it had something like a pickup
                  truck's pipe rack.

                  Jon Kolb