Re: [bolger] Re: Tennessee Article in M.A.I.B.

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
      On 9/1/06, john h wright <jhargrovewright2@...> wrote:
      > I towed a 9' dingy ... it gave me hell at times.

      >How about a trailer hitch mounted on the transom?

      Yes, Bolger specifically mentioned a 'trailer hitch'. No doubt,
      coming from his mind, an ingenious 'trailer hitch'.

      Has anybody else truly taken the time to understand the 3D dynamics of
      the connection of the three pieces of Breakdown Schooner? After a
      couple hours of head scratching, I finally did, and consider it pure
      genius.
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
        > Has anybody else truly taken the time to understand the 3D dynamics of
        > the connection of the three pieces of Breakdown Schooner? After a
        > couple hours of head scratching, I finally did, and consider it pure
        > genius.

        The breakdown schooner is one of my favorite Bolger designs, though
        bigger than my needs. So many of us who build boats have very limited
        build space and the costs of moving a large boat to the water is high
        if you have to have it trucked there. He does find fascinating ways to
        solve boat problems.

        Paul H.
      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
          Which MAIB had the Tennessee article?

          HJ

          Bruce Hallman wrote:
          > On 9/1/06, john h wright <jhargrovewright2@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I towed a 9' dingy ... it gave me hell at times.
          >>

          >> How about a trailer hitch mounted on the transom?
          >>

          > Yes, Bolger specifically mentioned a 'trailer hitch'. No doubt,
          > coming from his mind, an ingenious 'trailer hitch'.
          >
          > Has anybody else truly taken the time to understand the 3D dynamics of
          > the connection of the three pieces of Breakdown Schooner? After a
          > couple hours of head scratching, I finally did, and consider it pure
          > genius.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • eric green
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
            Has there ever been a write-up for Windermere by Mr. Bolger? I look in the
            MIAB index and did not find one. Thanks in advance,

          • baysidewoodenboats
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
              Dear Eric,

              I don't know about MAIB, but there is a three page article covering
              Champlain and Windermere in issue #36 of the magazine "Watercraft".
              It is the Nov/Dec 2002 issue.

              Ross Lillistone

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "eric green" <ericgreen@...> wrote:

              > Has there ever been a write-up for Windermere by Mr. Bolger? I
              look in the
              > MIAB index and did not find one. Thanks in advance,
              >

              > --
              9/1/2006

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
                On 9/1/06, Harry James <welshman@...> wrote:
                > Which MAIB had the Tennessee article?

                Going from memory, the July 15, 2005 issue.
              • eric green
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
                  Thanks Ross. I will see if I can track down this volume.

                  --- In HYPERLINK "mailto:bolger%40yahoogroups.com"bolger@yahoogroups.-com,
                  "eric green" <ericgreen@.-..> wrote:

                  > Has there ever been a write-up for Windermere by Mr. Bolger? I
                  look in the
                  > MIAB index and did not find one. Thanks in advance,
                  >

                  > --
                  9/1/2006

                  > --

                • Waldo F. Odonahue
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
                    Bolger sent me a copy.

                  • adventures_in_astrophotography
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                      Hi Bruce,

                      > Going from memory, the July 15, 2005 issue.

                      That's the one. I should know since I just received it a week and a
                      half ago here in CO. Then within 10 days I got the next three issues,
                      including the Sept. 1 issue actually arriving on Sept. 1. Ah, the
                      mysteries of the USPS.

                      I always thought Tennessee would make a great canoe/kayak mothership,
                      or even carry a small sailing dinghy if it had something like a pickup
                      truck's pipe rack.

                      Jon Kolb