Re: [bolger] Re: Jochems follow-up??

  • Christopher Wetherill
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      Sorry I have taken so long to post this. Several days ago, PCB&F mailed
      me copies of two of MAIB articles. Vol. 14 - No. 18 Camper, and Vol. 22
      - No. 11 William D. Jochems. V 22 - No. 11 is subtitled An
      Update/Upgrade On Design # 639. In the introductory paragraph he refers
      to the design's debut in Vol. 14 - No. 20. He also sent me ea reprint
      from WoodenBoat No. 157 (Nov/Dec 2000) discussing WDJ and St. Valery.

      V/R
      Chris

      stoverr97213 wrote:
      > Mike: I think you are right about a followup being done although I
      > don't know the date. Bolger did some modifications to the design
      > which I think he highlighted in the article. I know this because I
      > built one and got the modifications as part of having bought plans.
      > There is an online index to MAIB, you might try looking there.
      > Richard--- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mkstocks@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Howdy-
      >>
      >> The "messing about in BOATS" 'Bolger on Design' Jochems schooner
      >>
      > was a narrative about a
      >
      >> fictional trip.
      >>
      >> For some reason I am thinking that there was a subsequent "update
      >>
      > on / follow-up" article
      >
      >> many issues later, but I can't find it. Am I dreaming, or does
      >>
      > this exist?

    • gunnar.westholm
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
        Hello Chris.
        Im searching for a design to build to replace our Wharram Tiki21. Our
        family is growing, so we need something bigger...
        I¡¦m stuck in a "mind loop" containing: A bigger Wharram - a Proa -
        and Sharpie with standing headroom. (Right now I¡¦m in the Proa state
        of mind, for the 100th time: Fast, safe and veeery interesting..)
        Could you mail me the copies of the articles from PBC&F. Or put them
        i the Files section.
        I need all help I can get to avoid insanity :ļ)

        Best regards /Gunnar

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Wetherill