RE: [bolger] Help with buying plans

  • Chester Young
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      My recent experience in purchasing plans for a Tennessee started with a fax
      request that went unanswered. I sent a letter to the address and within a
      week had the response in hand via surface mail. I then sent the $, some
      performance information and photos as requested by Mr. Bolger. The plans
      were received in short order, rolled in a tube as noted. Then much to my
      surprise, and delight an article appeared in MAIB on the Esther Mae with my
      performance data in the article. I do not collect the magazine; I read and
      pass em on to a local marina for distribution to the boaters. I will not be
      giving away the issue with Esther Mae in it!

      Caloosarat

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        Miles,

        I have used the fax number recently. At one point it took me a number
        of tries. I think the receiving machine was out of paper. It would
        answer but not accept the fax. Given that your return fax is an
        international call, might it be that they mailed a response?

        V/R
        Chris

        miles_bore wrote:
        > Ten days ago I faxed Phil Bolger and Friends (as per the fax number
        > shown on this site (978) 282-1349) asking asking about purchasing the
        > redrawn Catfish Beach Cruiser plans. I've had no response as yet by
        > return fax. I want to make contact and ensure I have the right address
        > and the right costs for the plans before I send money from Australia
        > across that big pond called the Pacific Ocean. Can anyone confirm that
        > I am doing the right thing here and using the right fax number?
      • Nels
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "miles_bore" <miles_bore@...> wrote:

          > Ten days ago I faxed Phil Bolger and Friends (as per the fax number
          > shown on this site (978) 282-1349) asking asking about purchasing
          the
          > redrawn Catfish Beach Cruiser plans. I've had no response as yet by
          > return fax. I want to make contact and ensure I have the right
          address
          > and the right costs for the plans before I send money from Australia
          > across that big pond called the Pacific Ocean. Can anyone confirm
          that
          > I am doing the right thing here and using the right fax number?

          Hi Miles,

          According to the letterhead of a recent article in MAIB it is still
          that number. Did you make sure to give them your phone numbers and/or
          any special instructions for responding?

          If so, I suggest you fax them again. And let us know how it goes:-)

          Nels
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            > I've had no response as yet by return fax.

            Double check that your return fax number is correct.

            Also, bear in mind that the last weeks of August are traditionally the
            biggest summer holiday break in the USA, and PB&F might be out on
            vacation.

            Try again. Overall, they do have a good reputation for response time.
          • bgbeck55
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
              I faxed Mr. Bolger a few years ago with a computer fax program. I
              was a bit upset until I was informed by another forum member that my
              fax didn't include a fax number for the reply. You might want to re-
              send your missive and write in your number as part of your signature.
              Bruce
            • bgbeck55