Help with buying plans

  • miles_bore
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
      Ten days ago I faxed Phil Bolger and Friends (as per the fax number
      shown on this site (978) 282-1349) asking asking about purchasing the
      redrawn Catfish Beach Cruiser plans. I've had no response as yet by
      return fax. I want to make contact and ensure I have the right address
      and the right costs for the plans before I send money from Australia
      across that big pond called the Pacific Ocean. Can anyone confirm that
      I am doing the right thing here and using the right fax number?
    • Chester Young
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        My recent experience in purchasing plans for a Tennessee started with a fax
        request that went unanswered. I sent a letter to the address and within a
        week had the response in hand via surface mail. I then sent the $, some
        performance information and photos as requested by Mr. Bolger. The plans
        were received in short order, rolled in a tube as noted. Then much to my
        surprise, and delight an article appeared in MAIB on the Esther Mae with my
        performance data in the article. I do not collect the magazine; I read and
        pass em on to a local marina for distribution to the boaters. I will not be
        giving away the issue with Esther Mae in it!

        Caloosarat

        _____

        Ten days ago I faxed Phil Bolger and Friends (as per the fax number
        shown on this site (978) 282-1349) asking asking about purchasing the
        redrawn Catfish Beach Cruiser plans. I've had no response as yet by
        return fax. I want to make contact and ensure I have the right address
        and the right costs for the plans before I send money from Australia
        across that big pond called the Pacific Ocean. Can anyone confirm that
        I am doing the right thing here and using the right fax number?

      • Christopher Wetherill
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          Miles,

          I have used the fax number recently. At one point it took me a number
          of tries. I think the receiving machine was out of paper. It would
          answer but not accept the fax. Given that your return fax is an
          international call, might it be that they mailed a response?

          V/R
          Chris

          miles_bore wrote:
          > Ten days ago I faxed Phil Bolger and Friends (as per the fax number
          > shown on this site (978) 282-1349) asking asking about purchasing the
          > redrawn Catfish Beach Cruiser plans. I've had no response as yet by
          > return fax. I want to make contact and ensure I have the right address
          > and the right costs for the plans before I send money from Australia
          > across that big pond called the Pacific Ocean. Can anyone confirm that
          > I am doing the right thing here and using the right fax number?
        • Nels
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "miles_bore" <miles_bore@...> wrote:

            > Ten days ago I faxed Phil Bolger and Friends (as per the fax number
            > shown on this site (978) 282-1349) asking asking about purchasing
            the
            > redrawn Catfish Beach Cruiser plans. I've had no response as yet by
            > return fax. I want to make contact and ensure I have the right
            address
            > and the right costs for the plans before I send money from Australia
            > across that big pond called the Pacific Ocean. Can anyone confirm
            that
            > I am doing the right thing here and using the right fax number?

            Hi Miles,

            According to the letterhead of a recent article in MAIB it is still
            that number. Did you make sure to give them your phone numbers and/or
            any special instructions for responding?

            If so, I suggest you fax them again. And let us know how it goes:-)

            Nels
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
              > I've had no response as yet by return fax.

              Double check that your return fax number is correct.

              Also, bear in mind that the last weeks of August are traditionally the
              biggest summer holiday break in the USA, and PB&F might be out on
              vacation.

              Try again. Overall, they do have a good reputation for response time.
            • bgbeck55
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
                I faxed Mr. Bolger a few years ago with a computer fax program. I
                was a bit upset until I was informed by another forum member that my
                fax didn't include a fax number for the reply. You might want to re-
                send your missive and write in your number as part of your signature.
                Bruce
              • bgbeck55