Jochems follow-up??

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2006
      Howdy-

      The "messing about in BOATS" 'Bolger on Design' Jochems schooner was a narrative about a
      fictional trip.

      For some reason I am thinking that there was a subsequent "update on / follow-up" article
      many issues later, but I can't find it. Am I dreaming, or does this exist?

      Hmm.

      Thanks.

      Mike
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
        Hi -
        The original 'messing about in BOATS' Jochems article was a narrative. Was there ever a
        follow-up article?
        Thanks.
        Mike
      • pvanderwaart
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2006
          > The original 'messing about in BOATS' Jochems article was a
          narrative. Was there ever a
          > follow-up article?

          There was an article about the WDJ (and St Valerie) in Woodenboat,
          plus (IIRC) one or more followups in MAIB.

          Peter
        • stoverr97213
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
            Mike: I think you are right about a followup being done although I
            don't know the date. Bolger did some modifications to the design
            which I think he highlighted in the article. I know this because I
            built one and got the modifications as part of having bought plans.
            There is an online index to MAIB, you might try looking there.
            Richard--- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mkstocks@...> wrote:

            > Howdy-
            >
            > The "messing about in BOATS" 'Bolger on Design' Jochems schooner
            was a narrative about a
            > fictional trip.
            >
            > For some reason I am thinking that there was a subsequent "update
            on / follow-up" article
            > many issues later, but I can't find it. Am I dreaming, or does
            this exist?

            > Hmm.
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > Mike

          • Christopher Wetherill
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
              Sorry I have taken so long to post this. Several days ago, PCB&F mailed
              me copies of two of MAIB articles. Vol. 14 - No. 18 Camper, and Vol. 22
              - No. 11 William D. Jochems. V 22 - No. 11 is subtitled An
              Update/Upgrade On Design # 639. In the introductory paragraph he refers
              to the design's debut in Vol. 14 - No. 20. He also sent me ea reprint
              from WoodenBoat No. 157 (Nov/Dec 2000) discussing WDJ and St. Valery.

              V/R
              Chris

              stoverr97213 wrote:
              > Mike: I think you are right about a followup being done although I
              > don't know the date. Bolger did some modifications to the design
              > which I think he highlighted in the article. I know this because I
              > built one and got the modifications as part of having bought plans.
              > There is an online index to MAIB, you might try looking there.
              > Richard--- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mkstocks@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Howdy-
              >>
              >> The "messing about in BOATS" 'Bolger on Design' Jochems schooner
              >>
              > was a narrative about a
              >
              >> fictional trip.
              >>
              >> For some reason I am thinking that there was a subsequent "update
              >>
              > on / follow-up" article
              >
              >> many issues later, but I can't find it. Am I dreaming, or does
              >>
              > this exist?

            • gunnar.westholm
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
                Hello Chris.
                Im searching for a design to build to replace our Wharram Tiki21. Our
                family is growing, so we need something bigger...
                I¡¦m stuck in a "mind loop" containing: A bigger Wharram - a Proa -
                and Sharpie with standing headroom. (Right now I¡¦m in the Proa state
                of mind, for the 100th time: Fast, safe and veeery interesting..)
                Could you mail me the copies of the articles from PBC&F. Or put them
                i the Files section.
                I need all help I can get to avoid insanity :ļ)

                Best regards /Gunnar

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Wetherill