Re: Nonferrous staples [was superbrick challenge]

  • saillips
    Message 1 of 59 , Aug 15, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Wetherill <wetherillc@...>
      wrote:

      > Another approach would be to mount a standard off-roading winch on the
      > front of the truck.

      I made a 20' tongue extension, though it was a bit of a "Rube Goldberg".
      I took 2 pieces of 2" galv heavy wall round conduit (OK, I had it on
      hand) with a 2" hitch welded to one end of the first pipe section, and
      the lower section of a 2 wheel dolly (which came in 2 sections to
      begin with) welded to the end of the second.On top of the dolly at the
      end of the pipe I drilled through the pipe and mounted a 2" ball. The
      2 sections are joined with a threaded union, wrench tightened onto one
      and hand tightened to the other during use.The dolly wheels are under
      the boat trailer hitch, supporting the tongue. The tow vehicle is
      attached at the other end 20' and gets my Catalina 22 down some
      shallow ramps and into water deep enough to float the boat.
      All broken down and carried on the side of the trailer.Easier to draw
      than explain. Not for the status concious.
      Cheers, David
    • saillips
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 15, 2006