Anemone/Loose Moose

  • loosemoosefilmworks
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      Just had a few requests from folks who wanted to see the differences between Jean and
      Gaby's "Anemone" and our Loose Moose 2... Well for starters Loose Moose 2 was not
      yellow but seriously I posted a few photos so folks could get a better idea...For anyone
      interested check out the blog.

      Sigh seems like Sheila and I built/ launched LM2 yesterday! Time flies when you are having
      fun!

      Bob
      http://boatbits.blogspot.com/
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "loosemoosefilmworks"
        <loosemoosefilmworks@...> wrote:

        > Just had a few requests from folks who wanted to see the
        differences between Jean and
        > Gaby's "Anemone" and our Loose Moose 2... Well for starters Loose
        Moose 2 was not
        > yellow but seriously I posted a few photos so folks could get a
        better idea...For anyone
        > interested check out the blog.
        >
        > Sigh seems like Sheila and I built/ launched LM2 yesterday! Time
        flies when you are having
        > fun!
        >
        > Bob
        > http://boatbits.blogspot.com/

        Hi Bob,

        Great blog you've got there! One difference I noticed between the
        two boats,and this will be interesting once the rigging is all set up
        and sailing trials begin with Anemone,your rudder had an end-plate
        while Anemone does not.This may explain why we experienced lots of
        heavy gurgling turbulant water all around the rudder while pulling
        tight turns in the St.Lawrence Seaway....In my minds eye,I see the
        water flow pinched and increased preasure on the rudder with the end-
        plates thus crisper handling.Not anything like say,a LASER, but just
        a hightened response with smaller input from the tiller.

        Speaking of tillers,how long was the one on your LOOSE MOOSE 2
        and did it provide a comfortable lever arm for the rudder? Jean has
        yet to build the permanent tiller and the temporary one we used in
        the Seaway was about 48 inches long.Being the first time for all who
        were on board, we wondered about the optimum length.

        Thanks for the link to your nice blog!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan,who would dearly love to see some sailing shots of
        LOOSE MOOSE 2, if for no other reason then to have something to look
        forward to come the sailing trials of Anemone,from along the shores
        of the mighty St.Lawrence.......