Re: stretched brick

  • ravenouspi
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 28, 2006
      Sam,
      David Grey, I believe, stretched a bolger skimmer to 10 or 12 feet and
      narrowed it 6 inches or so. Not the same boat as a brick, but not
      dissimilar in the amount of interior framing (basically none).

      I just did a tortoise for Spat. It was very floppy right up until I
      glued in the longitudinal seat. Stiff as a "board" now. Following
      the plans from Build the New Instant Boats and gluing the seat to the
      rockered bottom like a curved-bottomed, flat-topped box stiffened up
      the whole boat unbelievably.

      I'd say go for it. you can always add a front deck or some luan knees
      if you have to later. If anything (look at cruising mouse for
      example) stretching out the rocker and extending the waterline might
      be a real plus.

      lets see . . . where is that david grey link . . .

      http://hometown.aol.com/polysail/HTML/boatnote.htm