Re: Surf launched

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2006
      Hi Loy,
      thanks for sharing your Surf and construction photos. Looks real
      good.

      Do you know the final weight?

      Long time ago Jim Michalak suggested to the editor of Instant
      Boatbuilder, Jeff Hull, he should cut down that centre frame, as JM
      had done to Teal. Made a much better camper, JM said. Didn't mention
      floor boards though, how are they for sleeping on? To give a dry
      camp, would you still have to sponge out and lay down a tarp that
      laps up the sides beneath bedding as Bolger wrote for Jinni in "The
      Singlehander"? I don't get that, as the floor boards in Jinni seem
      quite high (~4") off the bottom.

      Cheers
      Graeme