Re: [bolger] Re: Boat Plans,a thank you from the blushing bride......

  • Sam Glasscock
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 2, 2006
      Peter, you are an artist and a gentleman. Your
      artistry needs no explanation, once you have seen a
      picture of Lestat. You are a gentleman because you
      have absolved me of all remorse as I survey my fleet
      of 80-grit ugly ducks. What has always bothered me is
      the suspicion that if I had just applied a little bit
      more care, a hair more effort, I too could have had a
      finish people would have admired. After reading your
      finishing schedule, and knowing my untapped reserves
      of laziness, I know now such a result is beyond me
      forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Life is
      good again. Sam

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "lakepepinmollyblue" <barryhill@...>
        wrote:

        > From a fellow unrepentant,if somewhat soured by age,romantic.
        >
        > Persian rug-makers make an intentional error because "only Allah is
        > perfect".
        >
        > Perhaps more to the point, as I was told one fussy day in the school
        > machine shop, "the Russians say,'Perfection is the enemy of Gudonov".
        >
        > From "gettin' a little green around the edges" Lake Pepin.
        >
        > Bob

        Hi Bob,

        Whaddya mean,"somewhat soured by age"?! Don't you know we are all
        like huge premium bottles of wine getting better with age? All we need
        is for someone to come in to check on us once in a while and to even
        give us a gentle turning and Presto(!) we get better. God knows there
        is enough grief and turmoil in the world thus it suits me to a"T" to
        also be kept in the dark a while also :-)
        Besides that, this boatbuilding hobby is grand medicine for
        nurturing our inner child,who may become starved while we struggle with
        adult life realities.....even our hero Bolger calls our boats big
        toys....I say "Let's play!!"

        As regards this business of perfection being the exclussive domain
        of various deities, I say phoowee! It is all in the eye of the
        beholder....just ask my crewette :-D

        Keep a good thought Bob!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan,perfectly happy,with his perfect crewette and enoying
        this imperfect world/life...perfectly! :-D