Re: GRP Queen Mab

  • davejthib
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2006
      I was unable to view your pics, but if you look at the pic of the
      Just Ducky posted on the internet you will see it sitting peacefully
      at rest with the rig raised and the sail up.

      At The dock I was able to stand up in the Just Ducky without it
      tipping over

      I don't know what to tell you to do.

      Dave Thibodeau

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeboatman@...> wrote:

      > I have sailed my part finished fibreglass Queen Mab and the
      weight, including mast partner, mast step, bilge board (which is a
      fixture in my boat), is 60lbs. The board is glassed ply so it would
      weight about 5 pounds. I can lift and carry her but I am using a
      launching trolley, which is why I can make the board a fixture. The
      hardest part of lifting her is the width, not the weight (hard to
      get both my arms around it).

      > A question to Dave Thibodeau or other mab sailors - does your boat
      stay upright at anchor without someone in it? My long suffering
      elderly apprentice is forced to hold it up. see the photo at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger5/files/GRP%20Queen%20Mab/

      > My mast is 2" x 1/16" tube (light enough ) but the gaff needed to
      be strong so it is 1 3/8" x 1/8" (too top heavy?). The boom is 1" x
      1/16".