To Nels, everyone - Re: Lestat

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 16 , May 25, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@...> wrote:

      > --- In bolger@
      >
      > I'd just sit, drink Newcastle Brown Ale, and look at her; maybe
      > rising once in a while, to polish a piece of brightwork with my
      > sleeve. Then, drunk as a skunk, I'd climb aboard, crawl into cabin,
      > and become comatose, dreaming of far off, exotic, Canadian locals,
      > pestered by pesky perfection :-D - LOL!
      >

      > > (Sorry, Peter. No offense? The alliteration seduced me. ;-D
      > >
      > > I am sooooooooo jealous!
      > >
      > > Tony.

      Hi Tony,

      Hmmm, Newcastle Brown Ale. Haven't tried that. Nor the Ruff Red stuff
      that Roger Keyes mentions. I must admit I have done some sailing while
      on the hard, below decks in Lestat with the prairie winds rocking us
      into dreamland:-)

      Presently Lestat is under cover in my "new" shop in Pritchard B.C. and
      is getting a complete sanding down and repaint and then has to get
      loaded up on the trailer and transferred to his new cradle at the next
      haul-out.

      Last Spring we had a sudden hot spell while the boat cover was still in
      place and it got so hot that some of the paint began to crack and even
      had some of the underlying grain from the MDO begin to print through.
      Not much of a problem but is caused a great deal of dismay. The port
      side was facing south and that is what received the damage and the
      starboard side is fine and dandy. But at the same time as repairing the
      damage I decided to redo the entire hull, spars and so on.

      The river outside my door is almost at peak flood stage right now and I
      have some options to keep me busy until Lestat can finally hit the
      water.

      Right now I have to get the yard in shape and head back to Dog River
      for another load. Actually going to bring some furniture next time:-)

      Nels