Making Masts?

  • Leander S. Harding
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2000
      I was talking to a friend about possibly renting a power plane for
      mast building and he offered the use of a 6" tilting bed
      planer-joiner. Venerable old machine with lots of cast iron and a
      huge
      motor. I a not sure how long the bed is, I just had a quick look at
      it. Maybe 2 feet or so. Is there any practical way to use that to
      help
      round out a mast from four sided stock?

      Le