Re: [bolger] thickener for epoxy

  • Richard Spelling
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000
      (Hi Chuck)
      What does it cost, and how hard it it to sand?

      Should it be used as a structural or a fairing putty?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000
        Hey, Richard, enjoyed the pictures from the tx-ok-ark messabout.  Thank your lovely wife for that.

        I have not sanded the stuff yet, but I will let you know.  I used it for gluing the sides to the bulkheads.  It squished out of the joint nicely, whereupon i used a scraper (shaped like a Popsicle stick) to create a nice fillet at the joint.

        The stuff is cheap, but does not really extend the epoxy.  For fairing, or large fillets (stitch and glue) I would use wood or other flour to stretch the resin.