Re: Design With Plywood - Viewing DFX files

  • moose2much
    Message 1 of 19 , May 6 9:11 AM
      Hello Everybody,

      I have tried several of the DXF viewers and could not get any to
      work. They all seemed to be teasers for paid products. The best
      results I've had so far is with OpenOffice Draw available free from
      www.OpenOffice.Org I need to work with it more. Started working with
      Plyboats and then FreeShip.

      Somehow I was able to make Plyboats work in XPpro and print to a
      parallel laser printer. Even have an icon on the desktop that works.

      From and Plyboats Email to Ray Clark:

      I had some problems with the DEMO not accepting mouse and cursor
      movement when I tried to run the program from the XP command promp.
      I extracted the ZIP some other way in XP, maybe using XP's extractor
      and an icon was placed on the desktop and the program now works.
      This may help if someone else has the same problem

      Plyboats running in whatever mysterious way actually takes much
      more time to execute calculations than FreeShip.

      Roger Van Arnam
      Micanopy Beach Florida

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "adventures_in_astrophotography"