" Bolger 22" for sale in Melbourne

  • Greg Flemming
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29 12:23 AM
      Here is the link: http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?
      UsedBoatID=1596041&TabID=3338&Alias=boatpointau

      Greg F (Long Micro much modified!) Could this be Andrew's ???
    • Greg Flemming
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29 12:43 AM
        Ooops! didn't work, so try this
        one:http://www.aussieboatsales.com.au/det/1/141/1/Sailing%
        20Yachts/boats/Thylacine/

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29 4:50 PM
          That is a great looking boat. I don't know the currency, is that a
          good price too?
        • Nels
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29 8:31 PM
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Flemming" <greg@...> wrote:
            > > Greg F (Long Micro much modified!) Could this be Andrew's ???

            Hi Greg,

            I would not think this is Andrews Long Micro. He built his more
            closely to the plans. This has a pointy bow, a different (gaffer) rig
            and supposedly a modified (Fin) keel. Also Andrews had bright finished
            spars and trim. The builder must have been planning some serious
            sailing by the look of all those reef points in the main. Also looks
            like about a 30 foot mast. One has to wonder how much lead it has in
            the keel?

            Certainly is worth a look if a person can get the chance. And get some
            more photos:-)

            Nels
          • The Peillet-Long Family
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30 1:16 AM
              Here is a much easier link to use to get to the Bolger 22 boat ad:

              http://tinyurl.com/qc9xr

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30 2:32 AM
                Yes, I know, but I thought that maybe, Andrew had radically modified
                the boat beacsue believe me, they are few and far between in that
                neck-of-the woods!

                It was just a wild guess, though!

                Greg F
                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Nels" <arvent@...> wrote:

                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Flemming" <greg@> wrote:
                > > > Greg F (Long Micro much modified!) Could this be Andrew's ???
                > > >
                > Hi Greg,
                >
                > I would not think this is Andrews Long Micro. He built his more
                > closely to the plans. This has a pointy bow, a different (gaffer)
                rig
                > and supposedly a modified (Fin) keel. Also Andrews had bright
                finished
                > spars and trim. The builder must have been planning some serious
                > sailing by the look of all those reef points in the main. Also
                looks
                > like about a 30 foot mast. One has to wonder how much lead it has
                in
                > the keel?
                >
                > Certainly is worth a look if a person can get the chance. And get
                some
                > more photos:-)
                >
                > Nels

              • Greg Flemming
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2006
                  Well, that's the asking price and everybody comes down with boats for
                  sale here, so, yes, it seems very reasonable price to me. There is a
                  Micro for sale here at present and the asking price is 12,000

                  Greg F