re: raising a Micro mainmast

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2006
      A friend of mine had a 24 foot (approx) sloop with an untapered aluminum
      extrusion for a mast. At least, I think it was untapered. As I recall,
      it was no big deal to fasten some stays on it, and pivot it up, on the
      water. I think there must have been some socket or hinge for the base of
      the mast. Can't remember the details right now.