SV: [bolger] WDJ fine tuning

  • Bjorn Harbo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2000
      Bill,
      That is interesting. I have wondered if the lacking vang of the main boom will have a negative effect. I hadn't thought of the possibility that the weight of the boom will have a vanging effect. It will be interesting to see if the weight of my hollow boom will be sufficient...
      I will most certainly try to add outhauls on the boom ends. I have allready cut the boards. Are the booms long enough to give room for a strap, shackle and a block on the end?
      What kind of vang did you install? Wire as per plan or a commercial purchase?
      Bjorn