Re: A different take on a family boat - Oldshoe?

  • Joe Tribulato
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "The Peillet-Long Family"
      <owlnmole@...> wrote:

      > Taking another approach, if we eliminate the overnight requirement,
      > I wonder if Oldshoe might fit the bill? There are a some neat
      > pictures of Oldshoe in the Bolger6 Files (members) here:

      The photos were taken in San Diego Bay when I turned the boat over to
      her new owner from Seattle. Four adults is a full load for Oldshoe.
      There is ample room to sprawl in her large cockpit. I have overnighted
      a few times with a tarp over the sprit boom. The two piece floorbords
      come up to make a queen size berth flat. This is not a racing dinghy.
      She can stand up to a good breeze but tacks sedately, like a little ship.
      If you should decide to build Oldshoe please feel free to email me for
      advise, counsel, encouragement etc.

      Joe T