Banty

  • Ed Gatza
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2000
      I was admiring the photo of Banty in the vault. What a great looking
      boat. I'd like to know more about the portholes. (If I'm using the
      wrong term forgive me, I'm building my first boat, also a Micro) Can
      you tell me if these were "built from scratch" or if they are
      available for purchase. Where?

      Thanks,
      Ed Gatza
      Lafayette, Louisiana
    • Giuseppe Bianco
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
        Ed, similar portlights can be bought from West Marine or many other
        marine retail stores. You can find expensive ones made in bronze and
        cheap ones made in plastic. They all work. I imagine one could build
        its too, but that shape is a bit tricky.
        Best, Pippo

        --- In bolger@egroups.com, "Ed Gatza" <egatza@p...> wrote:
        > I was admiring the photo of Banty in the vault. What a great
        looking
        > boat. I'd like to know more about the portholes. (If I'm using the
        > wrong term forgive me, I'm building my first boat, also a Micro)
        Can
        > you tell me if these were "built from scratch" or if they are
        > available for purchase. Where?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ed Gatza
        > Lafayette,
        Louisiana
      • John Bell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2000
          I met Banty's owners (super nice people) this weekend at the Midwest
          Messabout (Fun!). During part of our lang rambling afterdinner
          conversation, they remarked the portlights were purchased. They were
          apparently not inexpensive either.

          There are lots of places you can buy stock plastic and bronze ports.
          Look at the ads in Woodenboat for starters.

          Best,

          JB

          --- In bolger@egroups.com, "Ed Gatza" <egatza@p...> wrote:
          > I was admiring the photo of Banty in the vault. What a great
          looking
          > boat. I'd like to know more about the portholes. (If I'm using the
          > wrong term forgive me, I'm building my first boat, also a Micro)
          Can
          > you tell me if these were "built from scratch" or if they are
          > available for purchase. Where?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Ed Gatza
          > Lafayette,