Re: [bolger] Teal sail set up

  • Harry W. James
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1 9:28 PM
      > > I know I am showing my total ignorance of sailing, but now I am
      > > desperate for help. I am finished with Teal and have been rowing her
      > > for some time now, but it is time to hook up a sail to all the wooden
      > > parts I have built. The plans contain instructions that are clear
      > > over my head, as I have never sailed or rigged up a sail. I plan to
      > > start with a polytarp sail, so I can try my hand at sewing it all
      > > myself. I have no clue how to place grommets or if I even need them.
      > > Or how to attach the sail to the mast, sprit and whatever handling
      > > lines are needed. I am looking for a super simple picture if
      > > possible
      > > that would be helpful to get this thing in the wind. Any Teal
      > > builders or anyone who can help, I would like to hear from you.

      Try this link for tyvek sailmaking.

      http://www.boat-links.com/Tyvek/

      The link is from the mother of all maritime links, truly the greatest link
      site on the web. You could while away a liftime in there.

      Jim Michalak's site has a lot of real good info on rigging a sprit rig.

      http://www.apci.net/~michalak/#INDEX

      --

      _ _ _ _ _
      % Harry welshman@...