Re: cedar

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 75 , Apr 5, 2006
      I'm not sure the quoting is still accurate in this thread. In any
      case, I'm sure the Dynel is good if the issue is just abrasion.
      However, I think at the partners, and perhaps elsewhere, localized
      crushing is part of the picture. In that case I'm guessing fiberglass
      would remain superior. Not that you couldn't have a bit of dynel over it.

      > One layer of dynel is 6 times as abrasion resistance as 1 layer of 6oz
      > glass per some tests in Boatbuilder several years ago.
      >
      > HJ
      >
      > pvanderwaart wrote:
      > >> What about armoring the mast with fiberglass and epoxy at the
      > >>
      > > partners and other wear
      > >
      > >> points? Or wrapping it with some other thing to prevent wear?
      snip
    • Lincoln Ross
      Message 75 of 75 , Apr 5, 2006