slightly OT, epoxy weathering tricks?

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
      I am repairing a sign which is very light glass over paper, mounted on
      G10. Over the course of several years, the epoxy has just kind of
      disappeared, along with some of the glass. Any suggestions on how to
      make the new epoxy weather better? Prefer not to get into extended,
      multi coat operations. In that case, it's easier just to do it again
      when it gets bad again. Thanks
    • derbyrm
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
        Maybe put a UV blocker on top??? (but you knew that)

        Roger
        derbyrm@...
        http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
          Yes. I wonder if there's some kind of plastic sheet found around
          household that filters UV, sticks with epoxy, and is durable? I'd
          guess not. I'd rather not varnish, turns yellow and would get in the
          way of the next epoxy job.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
            It won't be Plexiglass or equivalent. The UV comes thru that as if it
            weren't there.