Re: A family motor/sail cruiser?

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 56 , Apr 4, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@...> wrote:

      to gain a bit of headroom so that my mother could actually stand
      inside the cabin! No onesles in the family can, we're all too tall!.

      Hmmmmmm.....sounds like yet another boat in the future to add to the
      Tyson fleet Hugo.One with full standing headroom for the whole
      gang...something along the lines of Windermere :-)

      Keep a good thought!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,slowly feeling the creep of summertime warmth along the
      mighty St.Lawrence..........
    • The Peillet-Long Family
      Message 56 of 56 , May 30, 2006
        Thanks for the tip, Bruce!

        If anyone else, like me, was a little confused by Bruce's links, here is a direct link to his
        Abbondanza 24 scans from MAIB:

        http://hallman.org/bolger/652/

        Those scans are exactly what Phil sent me, though of course the drawings that I received
        are clearer.

        As for the letter, this is what Phil wrote me, dated 5/13/06:

        "Dear Mr. Long,

        Thanks for yours of May 9. The enclosed study material is as close as we can come
        with an extant design to your wish list. With an awning over the cockpit and perhaps a
        longer helm shelter, it looks as though it might just do it if the costing works out. We can
        not undertake any modifications to it at this time.

        Plans of Abbondanza 24, our Design #652, are available for $300.00 to build one boat,
        sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.

        Sincerely,

        Phil Bolger"

        I am intrigued by the design, which might well fit our needs. The bulwarks and rails aft
        and high rails forward are appealing to me with three little kids to keep out of harm's way.
        I'll keep thinking, and follow up once I get to Tunis.

        Cheers all,

        Matthew