Teal sail set up

  • George Shannon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      I know I am showing my total ignorance of sailing, but now I am
      desperate for help. I am finished with Teal and have been rowing her
      for some time now, but it is time to hook up a sail to all the wooden
      parts I have built. The plans contain instructions that are clear
      over my head, as I have never sailed or rigged up a sail. I plan to
      start with a polytarp sail, so I can try my hand at sewing it all
      myself. I have no clue how to place grommets or if I even need them.
      Or how to attach the sail to the mast, sprit and whatever handling
      lines are needed. I am looking for a super simple picture if
      possible
      that would be helpful to get this thing in the wind. Any Teal
      builders or anyone who can help, I would like to hear from you.

      George Shannon