Re: [bolger] Re: Bobcat mast

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
      Hi All,

      At this point I am thinking that I will be doing either a Chebecco type tabernacle, a hinge arrangement similar to that used on at least some Weekenders or a combination of both - that is a hinge fore and aft with side pieces like the Chebacco. In the last case the side pieces would be a part of the lower section of the mast that is then pinned through the upper section. The height of the boom above the deck works against using this last. Also, I will definitely keep the lower section of the mast to carry the weight rather than trying to beef up the foredeck to carry it.

      Whichever method I use the mast will be plugged and I'll plan on three stays but will start out with a forestay without a bowsprit. We'll see how it goes.

      Jim