Re: small power cruiser ideas?

  • donschultz8275
    Message 1 of 97 , Mar 29, 2006
      In my opinion an AF-4G with increased scantlings would neatly do the
      trick. A 20hp 4 stroke would give you the cruising speed/range you
      seek with reserve power when needed.

      Additional protection via bimini's or a light cabin, but not to much
      cabin over that flat bottom.

      An even better choice though a bit more boat to build is Bolger's
      Hawkeye, which will stand a cuddy cabin up front or the plans built
      mid-cabin much like the MicroTrawler's, and handle bigger water well
      because of the beam. Again, 18-20 hp would readily get you the speeds
      you seek.

      Best wishes in making your choice.
    • donschultz8275