Re: curved boom.

  • Rob Mouradian
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, William Bennie <urbanrocket@...> wrote:

      Bill,

      If you are still interested, you might take a look at the web site
      for "Shell Boats" in Vermont. Fred Shell uses a curved boom in many of
      his designs. I built his Swifty 12 using the curved boom and I like
      it. I do not seem to have the problems that some people describe and
      it does provide a bit of clearance for the sail. On the other hand, I
      am at all confident that the curved boom has any real advantages in
      terms of performance.

      Rob