Re: curved boom.

  • William Bennie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
      Thanks for all of the great information. At some point I may dabble with a
      light wishbone (wishboom?) experiment. But for now my curiosity has been
      satiated by some very practical considerations.
      Cheers,
      Bill
    • Rob Mouradian
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, William Bennie <urbanrocket@...> wrote:

        Bill,

        If you are still interested, you might take a look at the web site
        for "Shell Boats" in Vermont. Fred Shell uses a curved boom in many of
        his designs. I built his Swifty 12 using the curved boom and I like
        it. I do not seem to have the problems that some people describe and
        it does provide a bit of clearance for the sail. On the other hand, I
        am at all confident that the curved boom has any real advantages in
        terms of performance.

        Rob

        > Thanks for all of the great information. At some point I may dabble
        with a
        > light wishbone (wishboom?) experiment. But for now my curiosity has
        been
        > satiated by some very practical considerations.
        > Cheers,
        > Bill

      • Rob Mouradian
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006