laminating multiple ply layers

  • soussouchew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2006
      When I laminated Dakota's three layer bottom and four layer shoe, I
      pre-drilled the inner layers for screws on a 6" x 6" grid pattern.
      Seeing thickened epoxy ooze up into the screw holes as I drew the
      layers tight together gave confidence that there were no "holidays".
      Since I was building right side up, I used lots of clamps along the
      edges, and a few long poles wedged against the shop rafters as well to
      keep the layers pressed tight together until the epoxy set up.

      Vince