Re: Micro with box keel, standing room?

  • edt_978
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 23, 2006
      Hi,

      I wonder what would happen to these designs if one added chine logs
      as per Matt's Paradox design? From reports, it sails just fine with
      the chine logs and a small lateral area...

      If adding chine logs (or rails) works it also would make these boats
      more stable when grounded. Combine this with, shallow draft, good
      head room, no center/dagger/lee board and one would have a very
      interesting combo.

      Comments
      Ed

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Nels" <arvent@...> wrote:

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "donschultz8275" <donschultz@>
      wrote:

      > > One way to approach this idea would be to review Bolgers Small
      Motor
      > > Sailer, a 22' box keeled boat with lots of standing headroom.
      > >
      > > SMS is not a completed design but looks to be just short of
      that.
      > > Sorry I don't have a link handy.
      > >

      > Here is the link for Small Motorsailer:

      > Just be aware, that with the shallow box keel, both it and the
      Alaskan