Chebacco and plywood sources

  • dick@talkingcrow.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      Howdy one and all. Back from Papua New Guinea with a yen for a
      Chebacco. Thanks to Bill Samson and Craig O'D for long distance info
      so good that I'm bustin' to get at it. Does anyone know where to
      purchase on the US eastcoast the marine grade plywood called "Aqua-
      tech" or otherwise known as Meranti (Philippine mahogany) 1/4" and
      1/2" 4x8 sheets which are made per Lloyd's of London 6566? There is
      a westcoast retailer but I haven't found one on the eastcoast.

      Dick Burnham
    • Vince Chew
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
        --- In bolger@egroups.com, dick@t... wrote:
        > Howdy one and all. Back from Papua New Guinea with a yen for a
        > Chebacco. Thanks to Bill Samson and Craig O'D for long distance
        info
        > so good that I'm bustin' to get at it. Does anyone know where to
        > purchase on the US eastcoast the marine grade plywood called "Aqua-
        > tech" or otherwise known as Meranti (Philippine mahogany) 1/4" and
        > 1/2" 4x8 sheets which are made per Lloyd's of London 6566? There
        is
        > a westcoast retailer but I haven't found one on the eastcoast.
        >
        > Dick Burnham
        Noah's Marine (URL:www.noahsmarine.com) lists Meranti at $34 for 1/4"
        and $52 for 1/2" with 5% discount for quantity orders. They are in
        Ontario, Canada and have a shipping warehouse in Buffalo, N.Y.