Re: Bolger wikipedia index

  • Bruce Fountain
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
      >--- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hallman" <bruce@...> wrote:
      > I just got a chance to diagnose the problem and it appears that
      Yahoo
      > puts a bomb in their URL's that prevents direct linking. In other
      > words, the link works from my PC, but apparently not from yours.

      The problem is that yahoo requires that you be logged in to
      access the files and photos sections, although this is not a
      requirement to access the messages.

      I know that public/member access to the messages is a configurable
      setting for the group, is it possible to make the other sections
      public?

      Bruce Fountain
      Systems Engineer
      Union Switch & Signal
      Perth, Western Australia

    • Máximo
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
        > The problem is that yahoo requires that you be logged in to

        A year ago, I suggest to start a small website with a database of Bolger
        designs, description, size, photos, study-plans, links, commentaries, etc.

        The idea (except for Stefan, Curtis and a few others) didn t get much
        response from the Bolger community. Nobody send data, photos or anything.
        The site would be free, you don t need to register, and if I get a donation
        for hosting, is a plus (but not mandatory) I think people dislike this, I
        dont know.

        Even Bruce tried to start a flickr group for more photo storage, also
        Wikipedia, and I see that people didn t like also very much neither of them.

        As an example, I start a free small website of a local class of sailboat
        from the 70s "Alpha 25", and I have a lot of response from the owners, who
        send me photos, technical data, etc (In spanish)
        http://www.alpha25.com.ar

        I offer again my colaboration as a web developer, to start some kind of
        website that contains an "index" of the 600+ Bolger designs.

        Regards, Máximo.
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
          > I offer again my colaboration as a web developer, to start some kind of
          > website that contains an "index" of the 600+ Bolger designs.
          >
          > Regards, Máximo.

          Great, do it. That is a beautiful thing about the Web, is that
          content in far away places can be linked together easily.