Re: Bolger Brick Plans

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 79 , Mar 2, 2006
      I would only skip ordering the plans if I had a real cash crunch or if
      I had to start building tomorrow and the boat done 5 days from now. I
      think, if you worked full time, you could do that, tho I bought my
      Brick. As it happens, I bought my plans from PB&F just before a Brick
      came on the market locally. I bought mine for $65 in 2000. They
      include a sketch for a gaff rig. By now, they might include some other
      goodies. You can get the plans legitimately from Payson
      (instantboats.com) for $30, according to the site, but then you aren't
      morally justified in asking PB&F any questions, IMHO. The plans are
      nice and big and clear. When, or at least if, I build one I would
      probably post them on the wall so as not to have to touch them.
      Perhaps I'd put on one epoxy thumbprint for authenticity.

      There's another option. I know where you can get complete, three
      dimensional plans that show a kick up rudder and every building detail
      exactly. They are full scale, too. Of course you'd expect to pay more,
      and in this case that would be $300. But you could sail the "plans",
      or use the sail from the "plan" on your own boat. (I don't have room
      for my Brick right now and it's for sale.)
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "eric green" <ericgreen@...> wrote:

      > I want to build a brick with my son. I have the plans from "Boats
      with an
      > Open Mind". Is there any reason to order full sized plans? I am
      going to get
      > anything not in the book? Anyone know how much it is to order plans from
      > Phil Bolger & Friends?
      >

      > Eric Green
      >

      > --
      2/17/2006

      > --

    • Dave Gentry
      Message 79 of 79 , Mar 31, 2012
        Golly, that's killing me - if I still lived in Texas I just couldn't resist.
        But, yes, I'd paint it . . . .