A few photos posted

  • Giuseppe Bianco
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2000
      Dear all - I've posted a few photos showing the butt block tests
      and the finished bow transom and bulkhead A in their respective pages.
      I expect to be wacking back starting next sunday (last wife's exam
      due by next Saturday).
      Best, Pippo
    • David Jost
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30, 2000
        Pippo,
        I just finished looking at your bulkheads and am impressed by the
        scribing of the deck beams. I just picked out wider stock
        and drew the camber on the top edge and left the bottom straight. I
        don't see how it will interfere with anything. I just built
        frame c and d, and cut out a rough draft of the transom this weekend.

        I hope to have pictures of all the frames by next
        weekend.

        Ciao,
        David Jost , builder of the Micro "Firefly"
      • Giuseppe Bianco
        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2000
          Ciao David
          actually I spent about two hours in shaping that *°@%& cabin roof
          beam, so I think you took the right decision. My boat's CG will be
          lower though... ;-)
          What about the building times: do mine match with yours or am I too
          slow? I suspect that if I had more elbow room and a few more power
          tools (a table saw for instance) I could cut my working time in
          half...
          Best

          Pippo

          Message 4 of 8 , May 31, 2000
            Yes,
            Our times are similar if I take your lack of a table saw into
            consideration. I have a portable table saw (Delta) that does about
            80%
            of the work. I also figured out that 1 1/2 inch finish nails really
            speed up the work by holding the framing pieces in place whil the
            bronze nails are driven from the plywood side. I would say that
            between these two items, I have saved about 2 hours per frame over
            your
            times. Frames C and D are relatively easy and I constructed both in
            about 3 hours!
            The transom has slowed me down as it took me a while to find out
            how the motor clamp was supposed to be installed. Look on the
            profile
            plan for the inside framing set up on the transom.

            David Jost
          • Paul Lefebvre
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2000
              I'm new to the group - can someone please tell me where I can see
              the 'vault' photos? I've looked in the main group page under 'Files'
              but do not see the photos you guys seem to be talking about. What am
              I missing?
            • David Jost
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2000
                Paul,

                Pippo posted his photos on his own web page. http://space.tin.it/
                io/jfwbi/micro.html
              • Paul A. Lefebvre, Jr.
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2000
                  found 'em! Thanks, Dave.

                  Paul

                  Paul Lefebvre
                  paul@... http://www.whrc.org

                • Michael Surface
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2000
                    There are many things in the files (vault) beside photos, and many of the
                    items are store in folders. Click on the folder to open it and then click
                    on each item in the folder to view it. Use the back command of your browser
                    to go back to look at more items in the folder. I hope this helps

                    Michael Surface