Re: Black Skimmer rig?

  • Bill_Mercer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Nels" <arvent@...> wrote:

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "bcd5194" <reenbrad@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > Anyone know if a Black Skimmer has ever been rigged as a cat-ketch?

      Actually the original cartoon had a cat-ketch rig (and a higher bow,
      with more shear forwards). It was done for Mike O'Brien, now of
      WoodenBoat magazine, back in the '70s. Apparently the keth rig was
      bigger, but Boler felt that the yawl had enough sail area and better
      balance. The first Boat Design Quarterly, still available through
      www.woodenboat.com, has the details.

      Bill